View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #84
ejkeaton
Stazon Splitcoast

I love to create cards--it's a treat I try to give myself each (week) day, if possible. It makes me feel so happy and . . . well, I don't know what words to use to describe how creating beautiful and useful things makes me feel. I just know that being creative is essential to my well being!!

However, today was a completely different story!

Next week our kids (7YO and 11YO, 1st and 5th grades) have April vacation, so on Saturday morning I'm flying with the kids to Ohio to visit family. I'm getting so nervous!! I haven't flown since 2001 . . . all the new TSA restrictions and travel guidelines and check-in kiosks, etc., have me pretty scared, to be frank. I'm so afraid that I'm going to forget to do something important and end up being the frazzled mom that unintentionally trips the system somewhere along way!! I know the kids are old enough to take things in stride--they can sit through a two-hour flight with no problem, carry their own boarding passes through security, and can be responsible for their own carry-on bags, but I've never traveled overnight with the kids by myself before. Yikes!!

Spent the morning reading up on the TSA and Delta websites trying to catch up on all the new guidelines and procedures (does lipstick and chapstick qualify as a "gel", etc.). I feel like I'm cramming for a final exam!!! Also trying to start packing non-clothing/toiletry items, making lists of everything else, measuring suitcases and carry-ons in all dimensions to make sure they'll be allowed. I know it's going to be fun, but I hope I can survive the next few days without having a stress-related heart attack!!

Anyway, today I HAD to finish this last set of note cards I'm making as hostess gifts while on our trip (one each for my sister, my mom, and my aunt). I've been so distracted by the trip details that finishing this last set turned into a chore rather than the pleasant creative escape that it usually is. Distressing!! I've been turning to peanut M&Ms all day for comfort. And now that's distressing!! I'm not sure I'll have time for it tomorrow, but I'm really going to need a good punchez workout to counteract the peanut M&Ms!!! I'll have to check the WT challenge first thing in the a.m. to see if it's something really good--and then figure how to squeeze it in between all the pre-trip errands I've got to run . . .
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!