Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU vs PTI paper/ink colors

Question: could anyone tell me what they think of Stampin' Up versus Papertrey Ink paper and ink colors? I'm relatively new to stamping, and only own a few ink pads (Chocolate Chip, craft white, PTI black) and want to invest in some more.

I LOVE SU! stamps/DSP/markers, but I was quite surprised by the paper color when I ordered the assorted packs a few weeks ago. I had only used the neutral papers before. Some I really like (always artichoke, most of the earth elements), but so many look 'muddy' and outdated to my eye (especially the pastels and pink/purples hues!) I haven't seen these in ink pads though, so I don't know if the ink looks like the paper.

I was thinking of joining SU as a demo for the discount (and to build my stash), but I'm hesitant now as I've seen some PTI paper and it just looked GORGEOUS.

So, how do the two companies compare? Any opinions greatly appreciated!

A
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:12 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

When I started out making cards I only used SU paper and ink pads (I have all of the SU ink pads), then I found PTI and I love there paper, I find that it is a thicker paper and works great for card bases, the nice think is that the PTI and SU are close in colors so I can use my SU ink pads with the PTI paper. I don't know what the PTI ink pads are like, but in my opinion I would go with PTI for the paper. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

the SU colors ARE *muddy* - i much prefer the PTI and plan to switch over and not replace any of the similar colors. i don't use SU inks - i only use tsukineko inks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I pretty much dumped SU when I discovered PTI. SU has many wonderful products but PTI fit my style and budget so much better.

Cardstock colors...I prefer PTI overall. When I was a demo, I bought assorted packs from SU in the color families and was surprised at how many colors I didn't like and those colors are still hanging around my craft room and it's been years. I'm not bashing SU products--they have some great stuff!

Both companies have much to offer and the only reason I don't order from SU very often is the shipping and tax. I get free shipping and pay no sales tax on my orders from PTI and the stamp sets are $5, $15 and $24 and they are clear. The sales tax thing is a biggie for me since our sales tax rate is 9.75%.

I still use most of my SU ink but more than likely will not buy reinkers for them when they dry up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been buying SU products for years and still love the company, but feel they need to update their basic colors. I know they have in-colors every year but then you can never re-order CS or coordinating ribbon after that year is up (unless you want to pay a fortune on ebay). I've recently bought a couple dozen of PTI's colors...the CS weight is one I like and the shades are so much prettier IMO. They both have their pros and cons. I didn't like the first ink pad I bought from PTI, but I understand they've changed the ink and it's much improved now. I still use primarily all SU ink but it's interchangeable with PTI's colors.

Wanda Cullen ~ Dirty Dozen Alumni, On design team for Papertrey Ink, Designer for Color Throwdown and Fusion Card Challenges Cullen-ary Creations[/URL]...my blog HERE'S MY GALLERY[/URL]

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

This maybe a stupid question but who is PTI and is it available in Australia? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 01:01 AM   #7  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eggView Post
This maybe a stupid question but who is PTI and is it available in Australia? Thank you.
PTI is Papertrey Inks or Paper Trey Inks. You can google it to find their online store. They make lovely sets on clear stamps, as well as matching paper and inks, kind of like SU does. I've purchased all of their colours and inks - and I must admit that I was not thrilled by the matching of their inksto the paper colours. Overall - they are great company -and I love many of their sets. IMO - so far they are somewhat limited in colours of paper -but have a look for yourself. You may find as I do as someone in Canada - they have very expensive shipping prices. That is the biggest problem for me - if I just want to buy a set or two - it would cost me 20.00 just for shipping. I do own a couple of their sets though, and I really love them!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 02:14 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Wink

Thanks Deborah l will have a look l love the SU products and as the new Autumn mini is just about to start in Australia l will probably have to put anything l like from PTI on my want list like everything else l have seen.(DH will have to eat less lol)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 03:32 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I now use PTI cardstock and LOVE it! I noticed a huge difference between PTI and SU and SU just doesn't cut it anymore.
I love the PTI colors and the heavieness of the PTI carstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 06:24 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I love PTI paper!! I love their pigment inks for lighter shades only. For the darker shades, they are discontinuing their hybrid inks, so I need to find colour matches elsewhere. Not thrilled about SU!'s flip-cover inkpads either. Maybe I'll have a look at Tsukineko inks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have the full range of all SU colors and all PTI and have recently started buying some GinaK. I love all three and will continue to add to the collection.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2010, 08:56 AM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks so much to everyone! That's very helpful.

I guess I will pick and choose items from various sources; stick to PTI for paper, give the SU assorted packs for my daughter to play with, try some PTI and Tsukineko inkpads, and order only stamps/DSP from SU. It seems more liberating this way anyways!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 05:25 AM   #13  
Embossing Fanatic

Default SU colors updated!

Just heard that SU is updating their colors..... many of the "purple" shades will be gone. The ones being retired will only be available until June 30th.
Attached is the revised color list that will be effective with the new catalog!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New_Colors_US_0310.pdf (81.9 KB, 85 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 05:41 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

I recently got PTI's color sampler pack for only $10 and I love love love thier cardstock. SU is great but with them revamping their colors I will be using up any SU I have and switching to PTI. I am so sad that SU is dumping all my favorite colors (i am a pastel and purple lover). PTI cardstock is higher quality 110 lb instead of 80lb. I have not tried their ink...I really don't need a bunch of different ink colors beyond the 48 SU! that I already own...and don't even use. I am too hooked right now on stamping in black and coloring every image with my copics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 09:28 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

hhmmm interesting! i have to say wild wasabi is my FAVE so i will be getting that but i find most of their colors are sort of grayed out and drab so i too am switching. i do love PTI and have all the colors BUT they don't have 12x12 or textured. so i am happy to have found couture cardstock - not only tetxured and not only 12x12 but 12x24 too! placing my forst order this weekend.....it is not as thick as PTI but i find that thick is really not necessry....nd hrd to punch through ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michellena317View Post
I recently got PTI's color sampler pack for only $10 and I love love love thier cardstock. SU is great but with them revamping their colors I will be using up any SU I have and switching to PTI. I am so sad that SU is dumping all my favorite colors (i am a pastel and purple lover). PTI cardstock is higher quality 110 lb instead of 80lb. I have not tried their ink...I really don't need a bunch of different ink colors beyond the 48 SU! that I already own...and don't even use. I am too hooked right now on stamping in black and coloring every image with my copics.
I felt the same way!!! Thats OK though as I do love PTI.

I do need to order more inks though as I only 4 PTI ink cubes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #17  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried PTI paper and loved it but I am not overly crazy about their inks. I am in the process of dumping SU and will be buying Gina K cardstock, which is coordinated with Tsukineko's Memento inks (my absolute fav) and adding PTI cardstock without the inks.

I'm just not willing to dole out all that money for the new SU colors when I really do not like their inks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 12:59 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

i use pretty much only Tsukineko inks - memento, brilliance AND versamagic and then dabble in the distress inks and adirondck line and i have to be honest i have NEVER had an issue finding an ink to mtch my paper. i just don't think it is necessry to have to buy crdstock, ink and ribbon all from one place in order to get everything to match. my ribbon comes to me CHEAP from Ms - i refuse to pay an arm & a leg for a spool of ribbon.

i say find an ink you like, find a paper you like and don't worry if they come from the same place. oh and i have several pallette inks and was not too happy with them....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:03 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Have you checked out Ribbon Retreat? They have many many ribbons and they are CHEAP!
I ordered recently and I love their ribbon and they have very fast shipping

http://www.theribbonretreat.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:38 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

hhhmmm ribbon retreat huh....what i REALLY need to do is check out the offray outlet about an hour away. my friend amy sheffer went up there awhile back and said it was AWESOME.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:55 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I know you asked just about the colors, but I thought I throw in a few other points.

SU inks and paper: the current colors are stale and SU must have agreed as the new colors are refreshingly beautiful! the ink is always a perfect match. Comes in large flip open style ink pads. Don't like the flip part, but the classic dye inks works really well with a lot of stamps. Pad in middle dips, or sides rise; whatever, can be worked around. Comes in inch size spots and you can also get pigment ink in same colors.

Paper is thinner than PTI's, but comes in 2 sizes and textured. Easier to hand cut, goes through more printers. Thinner is easier on some intricate punches and makes for less bulky card to mail.

PTI inks and papers: The colors (still growing) are beautiful, fresh, gorgeous (fill in all nice adjectives!!). Ink made by Palette. It is a smaller size ink pad, doesn't flip, but I find the lids hard to pry off on some of them. PTI just changed the formulation to a pigment type ink. Lighter colors give better coverage than before. I find it hard to get a clean image consistently. Colors appear to stay true even when stamped on darker cardstock -- for example my SU real red turns a bit burgundy when stamped on kraft cardstock, but my PTI Pure Poppy (which looks identical when stamped on white) stays red on kraft cardstock.

Paper comes in one size and just smooth. Very thick and sturdy, so makes for a much nicer base card, and IMHO, takes both dry and wet embossing better. Harder to cut out images by hand and get a smooth result. Will not go through certain printers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:58 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cerridwen3301View Post
hhhmmm ribbon retreat huh....what i REALLY need to do is check out the offray outlet about an hour away. my friend amy sheffer went up there awhile back and said it was AWESOME.
Oh wow, you MUST go to the offray outlet. I went there and spent $10.83; got enough ribbon to give 1/3 away and I still have loads and loads. That was 3 years ago.

Gee, there must be a HUGE profit in ribbon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 05:20 AM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

If PTI would offer 12 x 12 I would not buy SU at all.

V
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

I really love PTI ink and I am slowly building my collection.
I have had SU ink change over time and recently got the Taken with Teal BRAND NEW PAD and it looks so different than the cardstock and marker! My Real Read pad also turned a yucky muck of red glop and the pad itself turned a gold color. This happen to many users of the Real Red pad.
So far I have not had any off color issues with PTI. And I love the colors and that I can emboss with the ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have each and every PTI ink pad in the large size with the reinkers and the formula is okay but I dont like them that well. I still reach for the SU all the time....
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #26  
Crimping Master

I have also found that SU inks do no work well on clear stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 09:45 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

I keep all my "nice" cardstock in file drawers so it is never in the light...well okay only when I open the drawer to take some out. I think all cardstock will show fading in the light..even from the lighting in our rooms...Not sure if this is the case but I see it on my less expensive cardstocks that are on shelves and out of the sunlight.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #28  
Mad Swapper

I have the entire SU color collection and am slowly collecting all of PTIs. Everyone here pretty much covered the basics so I'll just throw in my personal thoughts.

I love some of PTIs colors and dislike some of theirs, same with SU, some colors I love and others I don't. But, for me, it boils down to the accessories. PTI offers all their ribbon styles in all their colors, SU only has grosgain for all the colors, the other types of ribbon are only offered in some colors. I know you can dye the white version of any style any color you want but really, I don't have the patience for that. I like to have what I want at my finger tips. And, I LOVE PTIs buttons and use them a lot while I strongly dislike SUs buttons. So, if PTI and SU have a similar color, I would buy the PTI version simply b/c I like the matching ribbon and buttons better from PTI. But overall, I will continue to use inks and paper from both companies. There are differences in the ink and paper quality but to me, they are minute enough that they're both great in my book and will both continue to have homes in my craft room!

But, ya know, I was always the kid that had to have the newest big box of Crayolas because I needed to have the most options for colors! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 10:53 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorfoodieView Post
Question: could anyone tell me what they think of Stampin' Up versus Papertrey Ink paper and ink colors? I'm relatively new to stamping, and only own a few ink pads (Chocolate Chip, craft white, PTI black) and want to invest in some more.

I LOVE SU! stamps/DSP/markers, but I was quite surprised by the paper color when I ordered the assorted packs a few weeks ago. I had only used the neutral papers before. Some I really like (always artichoke, most of the earth elements), but so many look 'muddy' and outdated to my eye (especially the pastels and pink/purples hues!) I haven't seen these in ink pads though, so I don't know if the ink looks like the paper.

I was thinking of joining SU as a demo for the discount (and to build my stash), but I'm hesitant now as I've seen some PTI paper and it just looked GORGEOUS.

So, how do the two companies compare? Any opinions greatly appreciated!

A
I really think it is a personal preference thing. I see it said time and time again how much better PTI is because it is thicker. Sorry, my thighs have gotten thicker but I don't think it has made them better!:p An that is where personal preference comes in.

If my card has six layers, how heavy an stiff would that be with a thicker CS? But if I do more CAS things, I will probably want something heavier, at least for the base. See what I mean, my preference changed based on what I am doing.

If I were you, maybe I'd order a sample pack or two from each company and see what suits me best. And remember, there are other brands out there. I think these are the two most people on this stamping site mention because these companies sell matching ink.

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
I really love PTI ink and I am slowly building my collection.
I have had SU ink change over time and recently got the Taken with Teal BRAND NEW PAD and it looks so different than the cardstock and marker! My Real Read pad also turned a yucky muck of red glop and the pad itself turned a gold color. This happen to many users of the Real Red pad.
So far I have not had any off color issues with PTI. And I love the colors and that I can emboss with the ink.
Apparently this was a batch issue, and could be exchanged. My pad and reinker were so old, I never had a problem. I understand the replacements were from another batch and were fine.

My new favorite site...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendant23View Post
Apparently this was a batch issue, and could be exchanged. My pad and reinker were so old, I never had a problem. I understand the replacements were from another batch and were fine.
I got my taken with Teal pad YEARS ago (5 or more) and it was always a different color...I usually just used my marker to ink up my stamp (a hassle, yes, but I used it so infrequently it didn't matter) when I wanted to use that color.

As far as PTI vs. SU - I think you hit the nail on the head - it's all personal preference - you hear some people rave about PTI, and some about SU. I have PTI, SU, and some from Couture Cardstock as well - they all have redeeming qualities, and some have some drawbacks.

My Pure Poppy pad from PTI has a greenish shimmer to it (it is the original hybrid pad) and when I stamp it on Pure poppy CS, it looks green/brown, not red on red...

some of the darker CS colors change when heat embossed (could happen on SU also, I haven't tried it in a while) I does eventually change back, but over DAYS...not minutes/hours

SU - I'm excited with the new renovation of the colors, seems like a much more fresh palette of colors -- I like their CS in general, can't think of anything that isn't good about it (except the whisper white isn't a good weight for a base)

Couture CS -- They have a HUGE array of colors/styles/textures, they offer 8.5x11 as well as 12x12 if that matters to you, and they've got some FABULOUS shimmery, as well as even SHINY papers, if you are in the market for that sort of thing . I have a CS ring from them, and could spend a TON of time looking through it - lol. Some of their papers are not GREAT for a base, but I love the different textures, and their One Sheet Wonder (I think that's what it's called) is PHENOMENAL for Copic coloring (NO bleeding through to the other side) I would compare it to GinaK's 120lb pure luxury white... lovely.

inks -- I have PTI, SU, Brilliance, Memento, I kind of pick and choose, experiment on scraps to see what works best if I'm not sure...

Good luck making your choices!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 03:11 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendant23View Post
This happen to me with 2 Taken with Teal from different batches and a Real Red pad and now it is happening again with that one. I think Reds do this over time.
When I got my 2nd Taken with Teal I did a color compariosn witht eh marker and the pad and there was a huge difference. I posted it somewhere - I think the demo forum as I was still a demo a that time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 05:04 AM   #33  
Inking Addict

SU remains my favorite. I can't wait to refresh my color collection. Lately, I'm looking at my papers and wondering how to use up all these blues and brights. I'm so excited for the change. But, there is no company in any industry that can be the be all and end all for everyone.

No one can really know what they like until they try it. I don't use buttons or ribbons, as a rule, so I don't care if I can get them to match my paper. I don't want my card to weigh 3 pounds so I like the 80 lb. weight of SU paper. But, I have a couple of packs of PTI and Gina K papers stashed in case I need the extra weight or the extra smoothness.

It's great to have choices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 05:23 AM   #34  
kraf*T*y mama

I love both PTI and SU!!! I order from BOTH!!!!! I love SU's markers! I love the fact that PTI ink pads work on acrylic and fabric!!!! I love the price of PTI ribbon!

And now I must go check out Cardstock Couture?!?!? Oh my! I would love to see a thinner 12x12 from PTI and possibly textured as I am a scrapbooker first

I don't like PTI OR SU's patterned paper YUCK! well except the dots and grid from PTI but those aren't really PATTERNED! I prefer Cosmo Cricket and Basic Grey and October Afternoon and Bo Bunny and and and and

there are just so many options for us crafters!!!!

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:42 AM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by shastessView Post
I love both PTI and SU!!! I order from BOTH!!!!! I love SU's markers! I love the fact that PTI ink pads work on acrylic and fabric!!!! I love the price of PTI ribbon!

And now I must go check out Cardstock Couture?!?!? Oh my! I would love to see a thinner 12x12 from PTI and possibly textured as I am a scrapbooker first

I don't like PTI OR SU's patterned paper YUCK! well except the dots and grid from PTI but those aren't really PATTERNED! I prefer Cosmo Cricket and Basic Grey and October Afternoon and Bo Bunny and and and and

there are just so many options for us crafters!!!!
lol...I have PLENTY of papers to attest to this statement!! lol Don't forget Imaginesence (sp?) and My Mind's Eye, and and and lol.

And YES - do go check out Cardstock couture, they've got tons of great stuff...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #36  
Insane Embellisher

It's all about the $$$$$. At PTI I spend $5 on paper...$15 on the matching ribbons (5 different ones...and oh are they cute!) and maybe a couple of bucks on the reinking bottle. And I'm done. Color complete. If PTI were to someday decide to discontinue a color, I don't have a major invest in that color...and most likely I've used it enough that I don't mind shoving the reinker to the back of my cabinet. (oh I could never throw it away!) I'm on to the new color...and as happy as can be.

But SU. (and ok...purchasing is my own fault, it's not like anyone held a gun to my head). colors are sold in managable size, affordable? groups. There's a feeling of stability (after living through 3 SU color changes...that stability is a mirrage), a constant nagging to have all th basic colosrs...so I can recreate any of the fabulous things I see. (this is not the case with PTI) So I buy the complete family of ink pads (I'm not looking at the catalog, so pricing is approximate)...that's $60..the the complete family of paper...another $60...then the 12x12 for the family...thats $85...then the textured papers...that's another $80....then the designer papers....another $80...then the ribbons $25...then the matching brads $70 (yes, I'm old), then the craft pads $60, then the classic and craft reinkers $60, then the water crayons $50, then the markers $50, then some other accessory like buttons or flower or jewels $50. Ok tha's $740 invested in 12 colors......that's roughly $63 in EVERY color. And ya, I'm old...I have the glitter in every color, the embossing powder in every color. Boy did SU see me coming and capitalize on it. :(

So PTI...I've got $20 in the color...when it goes, it goes...I've had a good run with it.
But SU....first of all, I THOUGHT these were stable colors, and my EXPECTATIONS were that they were going to hang around a long while....and I've got $63 in every one of them. Then every 4-5 years, they throw a bunch of the colors away...with more promises of "THIS IS IT", which I wrongly interpret as...these colors are going to stay around a long while... so I go out and spend another $500 or $1000 on the next set of temporary colors.... Right now...I've basically got $1200 of product that I can only use for personal use. $1200 out the window. Not the $20 like at Papertrey. But $1200. And SU's going to want me to spend $1200 so I have and can demo all their new stuff. I don't get a big enough discount or make enough money to afford SU.

Granted, I'm excited about new colors...I always like new colors! But this is such a huge change that I can't keep going. Best wishes to you that are just starting. SU is a fine company, fine products. They are slow to respond. Can you believe they STILL don't sell their vanilla and white papers in a heavy card base weight? I'm done spending the big bucks. I'm moving on to PTI as my base supplier, and then flitting around all these delightful new online companies that sell a wide array of stamps that just tease my imagination! Not sour. Just freed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 09:54 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeygirl59View Post
<snip>

It's great to have choices.
Can we get an amen...?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

There is one big plus to SU. That is, textured cardstock in every color. I wish they sold more indiv. packs of textured cardstock, but perhaps that will come with time. None of the other suppliers, even CTMH, have textured in every single color. And, as a scrapbooker I want 12 x 12 paper. Only CTMH and SU really offer this to me right now in terms of major direct sales/online companies.

I am glad to see new SU colors. But I am also sad to see a large number of basics go - the new collections are a bit short on a few colors. On the other hand, I imagine they did this based on what is and isn't selling.

All this said, I usually end up buying my paper from where ever I am getting other things at the time I make that order. If I am getting an SU punch or stamps, I grab some of my paper and ribbon. If I'm ordering from PTI, same thing - oh, I need red paper, I'll throw a pack in with my PTI order. Etc.

My basic cardstock colors, I just buy a ream of Neenah every couple of years from the paper store. Talk about saving money over the long run - and its lovely cardstock too, great for copics and card bases. When I want to splurge on basics, I buy the PTI Kraft. Very nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #39  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampingVView Post
If PTI would offer 12 x 12 I would not buy SU at all.

V

There's been talk that they may offer some of the neutral CS in 12x12 in the future!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 01:04 AM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
This happen to me with 2 Taken with Teal from different batches and a Real Red pad and now it is happening again with that one. I think Reds do this over time.
When I got my 2nd Taken with Teal I did a color compariosn witht eh marker and the pad and there was a huge difference. I posted it somewhere - I think the demo forum as I was still a demo a that time.
Yeah, that darn FDA! Taking all those carcinogenic dyes off the market just to make stable reds a difficult thing for crafters, bakers, artists! :twisted:

My new favorite site...
Reply With Quote Likes