View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #279
sewsplendidstamper
neglecting the kids and housework

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksjones View Post
Since DH and I have been on our own and away from family we don't "do" Easter. I always thought of it as the Christian holy holiday and did not want any part of it. Then last year, on this thread, I learned about the Pagan basis for the holiday, and was amazed that I didn't put it together sooner (ancient Christians stole everything, didn't they?). We still won't "do" Easter this year, but I know when we have our own little people I won't feel hypocritical about doing the fun part of Easter.

I do love Spring and that is what I celebrate. Some years I send Happy Spring cards, but my Happy Easter stamp from All Year Cheer has never seen ink.

So true about pastel-wrapped chocolate. I love the commercial where they dye the mini Reese's cups. Reese's eggs are my fave, and I have resisted getting one so far this year, but I think I'll have to budget one into my points this weekend before they sell out!
wait we're supposed to budget points? I thought if you buy it and eat it all in the same day and chase it with a diet coke all is good :-/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!