View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2010, 06:37 AM   #277
Polyshrink Goddess

Originally Posted by stampingdenise View Post
I was reading on another thread about how much money people are spending on Easter stuff.... and I'm soooo guilty. I really went overboard this year. Yikes. and it got me thinking... I don't celebrate it from the religious aspect. But I do sorta like the Pagan perspective of spring and fertility and the cycle of the seasons. Plus chocolate candy in pretty pastel wrappers is just hard to resist!
Since DH and I have been on our own and away from family we don't "do" Easter. I always thought of it as the Christian holy holiday and did not want any part of it. Then last year, on this thread, I learned about the Pagan basis for the holiday, and was amazed that I didn't put it together sooner (ancient Christians stole everything, didn't they?). We still won't "do" Easter this year, but I know when we have our own little people I won't feel hypocritical about doing the fun part of Easter.

I do love Spring and that is what I celebrate. Some years I send Happy Spring cards, but my Happy Easter stamp from All Year Cheer has never seen ink.

So true about pastel-wrapped chocolate. I love the commercial where they dye the mini Reese's cups. Reese's eggs are my fave, and I have resisted getting one so far this year, but I think I'll have to budget one into my points this weekend before they sell out!
"No one's really gonna be free until nerd persecution ends."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!