View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 07:31 PM   #241
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloleary View Post
Thanks so much for your sympathy. I appreciate it very much, even though the pain isn't nearly as raw now as it was.

Montgomery Village is IN Gaithersburg! It's not far from me, either. One of my favorite sandwich places is near there; ask your relatives if they've ever been to Roy's Place. It's a hoot.

Actually, I'm not FROM Maryland, although I've lived here for more than 30 years. I'm FROM Philadelphia, and I'm one of very few people I know who actually admit to loving Philly. (What I wouldn't give for a cheesesteak, or a real Philly soft pretzel with mustard, or decent pizza . . . ) I'd always sort of assumed I was only here temporarily and would be moving back to Philly any time, but my parents moved to Florida ages ago, and my only brother lives between me and Baltimore (about 35 minutes' drive from my house), and this is my son's home, so I guess I should probably accept that this is my home now, too. Living in the DC suburbs has its advantages, though . . . Did you know that almost all the DC museums and the zoo are free to visitors?
Have you ever heard of Old Forge pizza? (It's near Scranton.) That's what I miss.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!