View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 08:52 AM   #192
SophieLaFontaine
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualyvonne View Post
As all the various religions are so different it seems that all of us that question or don’t believe are also so different. I don’t want to believe in an after life. I choose to believe that our life is what we make of it and when it ends by death, we’re done. It’s just too exhausting to think we’d have to go through it again in a different manner to reach a different meaning.

As for the existence of a god – right now I’m in Woody Allen’s camp, ‘If god exists, I hope he has a good excuse’. Realistically, I can’t believe in a ‘supreme being’ because I would spend way too much time and energy being pissed off at it.

It seems like a lot of religion is al a carte, but I think if you believe in heaven you have to acknowledge the existence of hell???
I don't think if someone believes in heaven that they must acknowledge the existence of hell - my friend from high school is a Christian and believes most of the Bible, but not the parts about hell. She said she just read those parts, rolled her eyes and thought to herself "oh, THAT can't be true." Also, I have the impression that Jehovah Witnesses don't believe in the same "hell" that other Christians believe in (the fire and brimstone one). Their "hell" is simply non-existence - the eternal deprivation of the presence of God.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!