View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #187
bksjones
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
I was thinking about some people's comfort of an after life, heaven. I see no comfort in that. What comfort is there is being gone from this world and missing everything. Or is the "answer" that you don't? You are different then. No remorse, no missing family and friends? Is the promise of being reunited that strong? What about the utter hopelessness of NOT being reunited with someone you care about who is not a believer?
My thoughts on this are not based on religion, more on what I feel and what I've experienced. As I've said before, I don't know if there is a God or not, but I feel that there is something more than our senses tell us. I really want to believe that there is life-after-death because I have a really hard time accepting that I will never see my dad again. I don't belive in hell at all. I feel that life is a learning experience and that we are meant to reach an objective each time around. My uncles believe that we set up certain obstacles and challenges for ourselves before we come back. With all that stated, I accept the fact that I could be completely wrong and there could be nothing...just the end. But I hope for more...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!