View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #182
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Interesting about the graves, yes, we went to the graves, usually with my dad, on most major holidays and, of course, Memorial Day. Used to go to like 3 different cemeteries. I remember how boring it was, how cold and windy it usually was after being warm through most of May, and how quiet it was.

I have no idea now, with us being way out here and family back east - but MY kids might stay out here, or ... who knows? I honestly don't care about ME. It does seem "old world" esp. (I think) to those of us who've moved far from "home base."

On another topic, my guess is that people who are simply lapsed, who just kind of quit "doing the religious thing" might not have ever really thought about it. They might have just kind of stopped going, but never really quit the basic beliefs? They are probably way more likely to start thinking/panicking as they get old or sick.

I think, again a guess, that those who've actually thought enough about it to say "No I don't believe" will be less likely to "repent" at the very end. But who knows what our minds might do to us, fear, paranoia, at the very end.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!