View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 10:57 PM   #153
virtualyvonne
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaine View Post
How is the new baby girl? What is her name? Did your son and daughter-in-law get to name her? Or did she already have a name? Anyway, glad everything went okay, even if you had to shell out the change fee (instead of God). *grin*
Anastasia is her ‘given’ name. She’s going to be 5 at the end of this month and had been in the orphanage since birth so I’m not sure who named her. We call her Ana. She is a delightful, loving little girl and has adjusted extremely well. A stranger viewing the family would not be able to pick out the adopted child. Those of you who read my posts from last year know that my issue was not with adoption or adoption of special needs, it was with the basis of the adoption – god told them. Ug. If there is some ‘supreme being’ why would he/she allow children to be tossed away, left to emotional neglect and physical/sexual abuse? Some have actually said ‘god’ had Ana waiting for my son and DIL – really? What possible sense does that make??? That a child would be in those conditions for almost 5 years with the ‘divine plan’ of someone adopting her? That’s crazy. I’m just enjoying my newest granddaughter and the joy she brings to our family.