Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sizzix or Cuttlebug

HELLO everyone!
i cant begin to tell you how new i am to the whole stamping scene. i am in love and truly addicted to it now. i thought makeup could be my only addiction but stamping and paper crafts is my new one!

ok, no i have a quick question.
i was thinking of buying the sizzix or the cuttle bug. which one do you prefer? i dont mind about the price too much. if i buy the sizzix, can i still use the cuttle bug folders ( like swiss dots <333 )?
i hope some one knows and can tell me... im really dying to get one asap!
<3

love you and and everything you do.
vanessa
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 01:03 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.i.a.View Post
HELLO everyone!
i cant begin to tell you how new i am to the whole stamping scene. i am in love and truly addicted to it now. i thought makeup could be my only addiction but stamping and paper crafts is my new one!

ok, no i have a quick question.
i was thinking of buying the sizzix or the cuttle bug. which one do you prefer? i dont mind about the price too much. if i buy the sizzix, can i still use the cuttle bug folders ( like swiss dots <333 )?
i hope some one knows and can tell me... im really dying to get one asap!
<3

love you and and everything you do.
vanessa
I have both and the Cuttlebug is 100% the perfect choice. You can use any other diecuts in there which you cannot do on the sizzix. I use my sizzix diecuts in my cuttlebug, also my quickutz one's and wizard one's. Plus there are the folders which cannot be used in the Sizzix. I love my cuttlebug.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 03:38 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I have the Sizzix Big Kick and love it. It does everything that the Cuttlebug does and is much sturdier. However, it does take up more space than a CB so if space is an issue, I would go with the CB. My friend has the CB and has had plates break. So far I haven't broken any plates in my Big Kick.
I think you would be happy with either die cutting machine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 03:55 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

I have both. I do scrapbooking and make cards. I love the sizzix, as I use the alphabets a lot. I also can use the CB folders, as long as you have the converter. The CB is really my daughters, but it stays at my house. I use both of them. Have you checked in the buy and sell forum for either one? A lot of people are selling them that have bought the cricut. I have seen sizzix go with the converter for about 25.00. I have been to some scrapbooking crops where they have sold for $15.00. I have bought 2 through the buy & sell to give to my daughter & granddaughter. I think the highest I paid was $45. This has been over a year ago. Also gotten the alphabets for about $50Just thought you might want to check it out. Good luck in deciding.
Proud to be a fan club member. #67069
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 04:17 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Default I vote for sizzix!

I just got my big shot, and love it. You can use every manufacturer die and embossing folder. That did it for me.

Welcome to our world!!!!!:mrgreen:
Isaiah 41:10 ~ Fear not for I am with you ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 04:27 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I have the sizzix, sizzilet, and the cuttlebug. I looooove my cuttlebug. I takes all of my sizzix, quick cuts, switchblade, misc. dies. It also embosses with more than just the cuttlebug folders. It is just a matter of useing the right plate combanation.
Here is a link with a chart that will help with that.
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendalynView Post
I have both and the Cuttlebug is 100% the perfect choice. You can use any other diecuts in there which you cannot do on the sizzix. I use my sizzix diecuts in my cuttlebug, also my quickutz one's and wizard one's. Plus there are the folders which cannot be used in the Sizzix. I love my cuttlebug.
thank you for the reply! i think i will be picking up a cuttlebug but i need to renew my MAC Pro card first.lol. ugh, my addictions!

[B
Quote:

Originally Posted by annebarcView Post
I have the Sizzix Big Kick and love it. It does everything that the Cuttlebug does and is much sturdier. However, it does take up more space than a CB so if space is an issue, I would go with the CB. My friend has the CB and has had plates break. So far I haven't broken any plates in my Big Kick.
I think you would be happy with either die cutting machine.
[/B]

see, i noticed that on youtube (lol yes i researched it there) and i noticed the big kick doesnt move as much at the CB. about the plates breaking, do you think it depends on your layers?
thank you for replying!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandmama BoBoView Post
I have both. I do scrapbooking and make cards. I love the sizzix, as I use the alphabets a lot. I also can use the CB folders, as long as you have the converter. The CB is really my daughters, but it stays at my house. I use both of them. Have you checked in the buy and sell forum for either one? A lot of people are selling them that have bought the cricut. I have seen sizzix go with the converter for about 25.00. I have been to some scrapbooking crops where they have sold for $15.00. I have bought 2 through the buy & sell to give to my daughter & granddaughter. I think the highest I paid was $45. This has been over a year ago. Also gotten the alphabets for about $50Just thought you might want to check it out. Good luck in deciding.
WOW thanks for all the great info! i love to save money. i will definitely check out that forum. when you use an alphabet, are the letters single and then you put it in the CB or BK to cut? sorry if that was confusing haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdolanView Post
I just got my big shot, and love it. You can use every manufacturer die and embossing folder. That did it for me.

Welcome to our world!!!!!:mrgreen:
THANKS! im very happy to be in this new addiction! its just gorgeous!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw3362004View Post
I have the sizzix, sizzilet, and the cuttlebug. I looooove my cuttlebug. I takes all of my sizzix, quick cuts, switchblade, misc. dies. It also embosses with more than just the cuttlebug folders. It is just a matter of useing the right plate combanation.
Here is a link with a chart that will help with that.
THAT CHART IS AMAZING!
wow! thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2008, 07:39 AM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2008, 08:12 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Also using the Big Kick

Hi, I'm brand new on this block and was looking at this forum to see what others think...

I have both the Cuttlebug and the Big Kick and I like the Big Kick better.... but I think it depends on what you get used to. I am using the Quickutz Revolution dies, Spellbinder dies and nestabilities, Cuttlebug dies, Sizzix dies, etc... PLUS, I found it is easier "for me" to do the brass stencils in the Big Kick than in the Cuttlebug using the black Sizzix plastic and black rubber pad... can't remember off hand the rest of the sandwich... but my Big Kick seems to handle more dies "for me" than the Cuttlebug...

To tell you the whole story... I broke 2 Cuttlebugs and a friend gave me my Big Kick. I didn't think Provocraft would send me ANOTHER Cuttlebug, but a friend of mine is a retailer and she knew I'd be careful the next time... so I got another one -- had to send back the broken ones... as was mentioned about the pads earlier here. I've had to be MUCH more careful with the Cuttlebug and it seems the Big Kick has a bit more wiggle room with the thickness...

Just my 2 cents. Thanks. I'm getting ready to look around. I know a lady here -- Shelley with the Bellas!!! LOL. That is how I remember her from the crops. Anyway, she makes beautiful cards!!! Hope to find her here!!!

Blessings to all!
Debbie Kay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2009, 05:19 AM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

Default Cuttlebug or Quickutz Epic 6?

Hi all! I'm NEW to all this and am torn between getting the Cuttlebug or Epic 6. Does anyone have the Epic 6 and could offer their likes/dislikes? I'd also be interested in hearing the likes/dislikes of the Cuttlebug.

Thanks,
Polly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2009, 06:43 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both a Big Kick and a Cuttlebuug.

I prefer one of the Sizzix machines (either the Big Kick or the Big Shot -- same machine, just different colors).

The Sizzix machines can handle the cutting pads for the Bigz XL dies, while a Cuttlebug cannot (the cutting pads are too wide for a CB).

Also, I feel the BK/BS is sturdier and less tipsy than the CB.

All the CB dies and folders, as well as every other brand of dies, embossing folders, and embossing plates I've tried (and I have a ton!) fit through a BK/BS.

Later this year, Sizzix will be putting out a 12" machine. The dies for that machine will not fit through a BK/BS (nor a CB).

Last edited by TheOtherMeg; 09-23-2009 at 06:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2009, 06:47 AM   #12  
Glitter Guru

As for the Epic 6, many have been returned. I returned mine because it was not cutting through the center of the 4x8 QK plates. QK is offering fixes, but I really did not like that machine at all (and I love the QK company and its dies). Two of the local stores here won't even sell the E6 anymore.

I will say that QK is being very helpful and offering excellent customer service regarding the Epic 6. Personally, though, I'd go with another machine right now and give QK time to come out with a second generation Epic 6.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2009, 06:49 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Default CB

I have had a CB for two years and I can honestly say that it has been hands down, the best crafting purchase ever! I like the size, as my crafting area is very limited, it is also easy to store away when company comes, as my crafting area is also my stampin' place. However, I must say that if you are inlove with any of the XL dies, you may want to consider a larger machine, as I don't think the XLs will fit without a bit of jiggering. I can live w/o them, so I am still in love with my bug. It is AWESOME!

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2009, 06:54 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendalynView Post

Which folders can you not use in the Sizzix? I've used CB, QK, and Sizzix folders in my Big Kick and have had no trouble at all.

I've also used Sizzix, CB, QK, Go-Kreate, Spellbinders, Boss Kut, Delta Cuts, Ellison AllStar (a brand of Sizzix), and other brands of dies -- in all their sizes -- in a Big Kick and have not had a problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2009, 09:08 AM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my cuttlebug! I have never broken a plate in it bu keep extras around which I bought at Michael's with 40% off coupons so they are cheap. I think the breaking depends on if you layer your plates correctly, and if you use the die cuts very frequently that will affect the life of your plates. I've used mine plenty and still have not had one break in a years' time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have 4 or five brand new in package Sizzix alphabets for sale if anyone is interested. Please send me a PM. You can use these alphabets with cuttlebug, big shot or big kick.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #17  
Glitter Queen

I am totally undecided. I bought a Wizard second hand, then got a Cuttlebug, and today was just talked into buying a Big Shot. I don't know what to do. I have read many reviews and I am unsure which one I want. I have read some reviews but they are a bit dated (from 2006). Any feedback
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

I have a Cuttlebug and Big Shot (Christmas present I asked for and got). I bough my CB for $35.00 about 2 yrs ago and am so used to the sandwiches that it is the machine I use more. I have space for both on my crafting table but the BS takes up more space to use. I know that people have taken apart the multi-purpose platform but then there are 3 pieces for me to lose - I know me! I can use the CB embossing folders & dies, the Sizzix embossing folders & dies (Sizzlits, Bigz & XL Bigz with the narrow Sizzix plates), the Spellbinder dies, the dies that have the foam that you stick on yourself). I just love my 'little green machine'.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #19  
Glitter Queen

Thanks! I have a limited space in my craft area (VERY limited) so that may help tip the scales!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

When my daughter and I first started stamping/scrapbooking, she bought the CB. When she moved out, I decided to get myself the Big Kick.

My deciding factor was for the use of the extra-long dies. I don't believe the CB has any extra-long setups to use other then as it goes in, to follow it with another set of the shorter plates.

I do agree for space the CB is better, the Sizzix handles a few more things then the CB. It's all in what you want to use/do with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #21  
Kookie Creator

I have both the Sizzix Big Shot and Cuttlebug and I LOVE my Big Shot! I can use anything with it that can be used with the Cuttlebug plus all the XL dies that can't be used in the cuttlebug go through my Big Shot like a dream. I can cut cardstock, chipboard, fabric, thin wood sheets and tons of other stuff with it also, the cuttlebug I could only cut cardstock and very thin chopboard.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 06:14 AM   #22  
Cardstock Collector

Hi does any one know if go kreate have an angel policy ? thankyou.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes you can use the extra long dies in the bug. You can now get 13" plates for the cuttlebug, and I have no problem using the SU XL dies in it.

It is the first machine I bought, and still going strong, so although I would love a big shot, I cannot justify another machine when this really does everything I need it to.
Reply With Quote Likes