View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 02:50 PM   #16
jthoman
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to jthoman
Default I just thought I'd post an update to the thread...

I went to the shower and it was a waste of my time. The Grandma to be had everyone come at 1 PM, but didn't have the MTB come until 2 PM. So we sat aroudn for an hour with nothing much to do. Then the MTB came in (she was barely even showing), went to the restroom, called a few people, ate and we had to sit and wait more because we ate in the hour while we waited. Till they were ready to open gifts and do the cake, several people, including myself, had to leave because we had other things scheduled and didn't believe we'd be there all day. And to make things worse, I was on crutches for the shower because I broke my toe and sprained my foot a week earlier.

The MTB's mother is very nice and she introduced herself to everyone and she was confused when people explained how they new the MTB. She commented that the other grandma had really invited "everyone".

Well anyway, the baby was born on January 13 (friday the 13th). The grandparents who threw the shower, haven't even seen the baby yet and it's a week and a half old. He was even at home for a week, then he went back to the hospital this weekend because he is jaundice. These are the grandparents that live closest to the baby and they haven't even seen it yet. No one on my husbands side of the family has seen the baby yet. We have not spoken to the parents of the new baby, and have not been invited to see it or anything, so I'm just staying away.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!