View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 04:05 AM   #22
Kim Scotti
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefeathers_58 View Post
yes. I have read..but still lost..I love to color..and wanting to purchase markers..I am new at this (recently disabled/ugh...), but I love to stamp..so I have gotten into Stampin Up..and have their inks, and paper, ribbon...so it would seem that I should purchase their markers so that my colors all match...and to tell the truth the copic colors are hard for me to understand...but before I make the purchase ( remember..low income)..

I know everyone is nuts about the copic..and i have never used one...but is it that much different from the SU markers?? And maybe SU is going to update to compete...has anyone heard a topic regarding that ??? Maybe they are going to upgrade...I do not know..but as the sell-a-bration is going on..this would be a good time for me to make the commitment..

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?? Confused and lost in Louisiana....hehehehehe
hugs,
cheryl
So sorry to hear of your recent disability. I was a Stampin' Up demonstrator and have all the inks, paper and ribbon.... The markers however, I have NOT been happy with...they dry out too fast...Copics are a little more $ but are refillable. Once you learn how to use Copics you will LOVE them! You do need special paper (Gina K Pure Luxury is the best!) and Memento ink. Start with one color family maybe greens.
I bought a couple from my local scrapbook store and left them in drawer for months because I didn't know how to use them! The same store offers Copic classes so I took 2...wow! what a difference...I LOVE them! They are great for blending and shading...just do your homework..there are several very helpful blogs to help choose color families and details on shading. You can also color white ribbon to match your project...easier than using re-inkers. You can make your own SU markers using a blender pen and reinkers...I would not buy the whole set of SU markers. You can also use an Aqua pen and SU ink to color. Hope this was helpful!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!