View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #138
frosted_gorilla
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
Hey Sophie and everyone,
What really gets me is that I have a "friend" and every Holiday letter I get, she says that God has blessed her family that they have been kept healthy. Hmmm...why is her family any better in God's eyes than mine. We have been crapped on. So does her God have a master plan that some children are supposed to be raed, abused and killed? Nope, I don't think so. Is his plan that bad people live a healthy life and the good peope suffer?

I think it is just plain bad luck and God has nothing at all to do with anythig.
I just went through the condolence cards and notes from my mom's death 30+ years ago (dad recently unearthed them). I have always thought of her accident as an accident - a random tragedy that happened to affect our family. I have been told it was because of God.
In one of the condolence cards, someone wrote that "Sometimes, God needs to call one of his angels home, unfortunately, this time it was one of yours."
And my first thought was, "well that was mighty selfish of Him." I mean, we could have put mom to better use than cloud hopping and harp-plucking.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!