View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 06:41 AM   #481
Christina612
Pearl-ExPert

Seems like that's the way... If you are really advanced in one (knit/crochet) it seems harder to cross over to the other. I have crocheted extensively and done very little knitting. So I have now taken on a rather large (for me) knitting project that uses lots of different stitches, cables and dare I say 'a chart...' Golly that makes me nervous. Trying to get better at knitting and get out of my comfort zone. Enjoy your class and let us know how it goes. I know you can do it. I think if you are an advanced knitter you can fix the international space station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galet1 View Post
Or maybe carpal tunnel?? Although probably not. Mine caused numbness at night mostly. I had trouble knitting or crocheting for any length of time until I had surgery in Dec. Still don't have full dexterity back, but it is better! Hopefully your problem can be taken care of quickly and easily (not surgically!).

On a side note, although I taught myself how to crochet, I don't feel very comfortable that I'm doing it correctly, so I'm taking a class at JoAnn's tonight! YEA!! I probably could have skipped the 101 and went straight to the 201 class, but I wanted to make sure I don't miss any of the basics. I can't believe the trouble I've had picking this up! I taught myself to knit just a couple of years ago and am advanced enough to cable, etc. But the crochet is kicking my hiney!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!