View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 05:37 AM   #128
tigerlily55
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosted_gorilla View Post
I'm going to have a big hole in my tongue if I keep biting it. It's all I can do sometimes, because questioning my family on some items is near impossible. My aunt sent out another chain email saying we all need to pray to God to "guide someone to find a cure for cancer." And I though, hey, if the dude's omnipotent and all, can't he just take out cancer on his own?

So God has known all along this particular doc would be able to cure cancer since before the doc was conceived? (I knew you before I formed you in the womb? / predestination) So the hundreds of thousands, or however many people died from, were afflicted with or affected by cancer before this Doc was conceived until he discovers a cure, were what?
If God knew everything about the doc, then didn't God know the answer to cancer? Is this where we are just to suppose to have faith and not question "the Plan"? or is this where the "we have free will" comes in? or the part where we just accept that we can't/aren't supposed to understand God's will?
It makes no sense to me at all.
Oh, there you go being all logical and sensible, Lol!

I haven't been visiting SCS too much lately but I do like to visit this thread!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!