View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #122
SophieLaFontaine
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksjones View Post
Do you remember that movie, Supersize Me? That guy had a show on FX called 30 Days where people spend a month with other people who have a belief or lifystyle that is different from theirs. They are really fascinating, and DH and I watched some of the first season episodes (the minimum wage one is heartbreaking).

Well, I am developing a pretty strong Hulu addiction and I found that they have the entire series, and that there was an episode where an atheist spent a month with a christian family. The episode is really interesting, and I found myself talking to the computer several times during the show. The episode is 45 minutes and you do have to have a username because it is for mature audiences (I'm not sure why), but it is really interesting if you have the time to watch it.

You can find it here
http://www.hulu.com/watch/56912/30-d...heistchristian
I love Hulu! It's where I watch the Office every week.

On the 30 Days show I think the only one I am allowed to watch (don't want to give them my real last name) this anti-illegal-immigration guy lived with an actual illegal immigrant family!!! He came to like them a lot. He was still anti-illegal-immigration, but did say that if the daughter of that family got paperwork to be here legally, he'd sponsor her. He also visited the spot in Mexico that they came from, and was taken aback by the horrific living conditions there (their drinking water was just from a dirty pond for example).
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!