View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 04:45 PM   #52
ginapier
SCS Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to ginapier Send a message via MSN to ginapier
Default todays craft fair results

Well, I have just returned from a rather long day...set up began at 6am! The show began at 9am- 5p....

I sold 1 candle priced at $5
5 paint it / color it xmas card kits @ $5 each= $25
15 surivival kits @ $200 each= $30
26 cards (mostly xmas) priced at $2.50 each or buy 4 get 1 free ($52.50)

Grand total =$112.50

I have found there are a lot of lookers at these type of things! I was also worried because not too far away was another stampin up "craft" booth. I believe their cards (although very pretty) were priced a littler higher and they did not have as much to choose from (I had over 300 cards)

Funny thing being, the one thing I thought I wouldnt sell any of.. and it was a HIT! teh survival kits were loved by all. I had 2 people by 5 each!

At the end of the day if you deduct the cost of the table ($35.00) the cost of supplies and display costs, the endless and uncountable amount of time invested in this venture.... $112.50 is NOT WORTH IT! I doubt I will EVER DO ONE OF THESE THINGS AGAIN!

But that is just my experience and I am certain others have had a better turnout. There were a lot of people at this fair, mostly lookers at my merchandise though My sister on the other hand, had a table next to me and practically sold out of everything she had making almost $400 bucks on chocolate lollipops! I think I am doing something wrong here...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!