Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gazelle Girls Galore

Hi Ladies,
As the proud (and a tad frustrated) new owner of a Bosskut Gazelle, I thought I'd start this thread for all of us to talk about the machine, their creations, and tips/tricks/techniques.

After I got it set up it was working great, but now it isn't cutting right. I've adjusted and adjusted and adjusted the blade but it just won't cut. I have a new blade on it's way and hopefully that will help. We've been having 90% humidity (and I live in Phoenix!) so that might be playing a factor. It's embossing great and drawing well, so I don't know.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Anyone have some good tips or tricks?

Looking forward to our new Gazelle Girls Galore club!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Nikki, I'm sorry to hear you're having probs with your new toy. :(

I live in Ohio, so I'm familiar with humidity. I'm originally from San Diego, and we dealt with humidity/sea air there, as well.

One thing that may help you is to get a dehumidifier for your scraproom. Even if your paper is not musty-smelling, it may be absorbing just enough moisture to make it not work perfectly in your electronic cutter.

When I first plugged in my humidifier, I was amazed at how much water filled the tank the first few hours. We have a whole-house system, but for a while my craft area was in the basement and my paper just wasn't cutting the way it did when I was upstairs. I was talking to another KNK gal and she suggested a dehumidifier and it solved the problem. Even now that I'm back upstairs, I keep the dehumidifier going.

If a dehumidifier isn't an option, get your hands on some of the little desiccant packets that come in some shoes, handbags, or whatever and put them in your paper drawers. I always keep them whenever I come across them and put them in my paper & embellishment drawers. You might even be able to find them in bulk online somewhere.

Here's a Google page for starters: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...0a4630ce98f7da

I hope the problem you're having is solved very easily!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2010, 05:21 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Meg, I will give that a try!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Nikki call the owners on Monday. Did you go to the BossKut Forum. Terri is so quick on answers. Trust me the owners will really help you. There is no customer service rep. It's a small company so you are calling a business and they are always there unless their at CHA. I live in the next town away from the owners. No, I did not know this when I bought the Gazelle. That was a nice surprise. The owners are just angels. The forum girls are really sweet too. HTH!

I want to help you but the blade problem has me stumped too. Let us know what happened.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
Nikki call the owners on Monday. Did you go to the BossKut Forum. Terri is so quick on answers. Trust me the owners will really help you. There is no customer service rep. It's a small company so you are calling a business and they are always there unless their at CHA. I live in the next town away from the owners. No, I did not know this when I bought the Gazelle. That was a nice surprise. The owners are just angels. The forum girls are really sweet too. HTH!

I want to help you but the blade problem has me stumped too. Let us know what happened.
Yeah I've been emailing/posting with Terri and she has given me some ideas, it might just be the humidity or my blade. I have a new blade on the way, if after that comes it doesn't work she said she'd figure something out with me. I was just hoping anyone here had addition tips. So far Terri and Jules and the Mr. and Mrs. Bosskut have been wonderful, and very patient with me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

DeeAnn, do you know of any really great blogs or sites to find free cut files for the Gazelle?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Nikki!

No, I don't. :( It's kind of sad too. The Funtime group over at Yahoo share files. Yahoo groups are pretty good resource. There's not a lot of files I have seen for WPC. A lot of Wishblade designers convert to WPC and so the Wishblade sites are a good place too look but it's a hunt.

I have been designing my own files and converting SVG's. The Cricut designers have a billion files and luckily we can convert them. You will need Inkscape and it's painless to convert. I am just fuzzy on the conversion tutorial right now or I would type it up.

My kitty is laying in my lap and she's been sick today so I don't have the heart to disturb her.

Remind me and I will write a quick tutorial.

I was thinking the humidity blade thing does make sense. We have high humidity in this area. It's like a swamp in the hills. I know your baby is going to work.

Terri and Jules are sweeties. I have known them since I was on the Wishblade group. They have the patience of a saint.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Scrap the tutorial for later. I remember.

Take your SVG into Inkscape and export into a DXF. This is the traditional way and then you can open it in Funtime.

Sometimes I don't like the output/input & cleaning up vectors when doing this way. I also import/export as a PNG. Then I do another auto trace. My node lines are neater and I get a smoother cut.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Scrap the tutorial for later. I remember.

Take your SVG into Inkscape and export into a DXF. This is the traditional way and then you can open it in Funtime.

Sometimes I don't like the output/input & cleaning up vectors when doing this way. I also import/export as a PNG. Then I do another auto trace. My node lines are neater and I get a smoother cut.
Thanks! This is really good to know, I'll be on the hunt for SVG files now

Yes Terri and Jules have been endlessly patient with me - especially when I was freaking out because it wouldn't cut, and it was because I forgot to turn off the red light (um. I had just gotten it. I was a little excited. LOL!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Hi Nikki!

No, I don't. :( It's kind of sad too. The Funtime group over at Yahoo share files. Yahoo groups are pretty good resource. There's not a lot of files I have seen for WPC. A lot of Wishblade designers convert to WPC and so the Wishblade sites are a good place too look but it's a hunt.

I have been designing my own files and converting SVG's. The Cricut designers have a billion files and luckily we can convert them. You will need Inkscape and it's painless to convert. I am just fuzzy on the conversion tutorial right now or I would type it up.

My kitty is laying in my lap and she's been sick today so I don't have the heart to disturb her.

Remind me and I will write a quick tutorial.

I was thinking the humidity blade thing does make sense. We have high humidity in this area. It's like a swamp in the hills. I know your baby is going to work.

Terri and Jules are sweeties. I have known them since I was on the Wishblade group. They have the patience of a saint.
Thanks! I joined the Funtime group Take good care of the kitty, I hope she feels better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 06:26 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do I have a site for you. I don't have a Gazelle. I have a Silhouette. But there is a gal in Europe who is Scandanavian named Monica who does some of the prettiest cutting files around. She actually does her designs on AutoCad software so they cut clean and very fast. And they are gorgeous. She offers her designs in quite a few different formats -- GSD, dxf, SVG, KNK, WPC, AI and SCUT. The best part? They are free! The link is: http://www.fam-bjork.se/monicas-hobb...raft_robo.html You will fall in love with her designs.

There is another site you might like, too. Lots of files, no charge. Mostly GSD files, which are for Silhouette but many people post SVG files. The site is French so sometime puzzling out the categories can be a challenge but there are lots of files to wander through.

Makaren
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 06:51 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakarenView Post
Do I have a site for you. I don't have a Gazelle. I have a Silhouette. But there is a gal in Europe who is Scandanavian named Monica who does some of the prettiest cutting files around. She actually does her designs on AutoCad software so they cut clean and very fast. And they are gorgeous. She offers her designs in quite a few different formats -- GSD, dxf, SVG, KNK, WPC, AI and SCUT. The best part? They are free! The link is: http://www.fam-bjork.se/monicas-hobb...raft_robo.html You will fall in love with her designs.

There is another site you might like, too. Lots of files, no charge. Mostly GSD files, which are for Silhouette but many people post SVG files. The site is French so sometime puzzling out the categories can be a challenge but there are lots of files to wander through.

Makaren
Thank you so much Makaren! I really appreciate it, these are beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2010, 05:14 AM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Gazelle

Hi All:

I have and love my Gazelle! I upgraded from a pink wishblade. Don't limit yourself to finding free .wpc files. There are tons of free .gsd files out there that can easily be converted using the method at this link:

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/4EZgSxJ...ith_Roland.pdf. It's at a yahoo wishblade group and you'll probably have to join to get access, but it's easy to do.

With inkscape you can convert tons of other file formats too, so again, don't just limit yourself to .wpc files. I must have 4,000 files that I've accummulated and will probably never use them all, but they're great.

My favorite site is here: http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...play.php?f=202.

You'll have to download a free version of Robomaster 5.1 (google to find sites to download free) to see the .gsd files, but you can then convert them using the above method. (You also have to apply for membership and wait 30 days to download files because some cheats stole files and sold them on e-bay, but trust me, it's worth the wait.) They have some beautiful files on this site.

I also like the following site: http://www.scrapmag.info/crafty/

And if you like to do print and cuts, here's a site where you can download free vector files for cartoon characters like Disney characters,etc.:

http://www.vector-cartoons.com/

This should keep you all busy for a while. Good luck with getting your cutting straightened out. Once you do, you'll love the machine.

Debby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2010, 06:56 AM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Debby- I have probably the oddest question in the world. Maybe I am being too OCD. How do you think the Gazelle Funtime 2 is doing on Auto Vectorization?

I am working on a coloring page right now and I keep getting a curve on some of the parts. It's driving me bonkers. Am I missing something? I watched the videos a million times. Everything looks great but it just does not match.

Sadly, vectors are not my strong point. I didn't know if this is a vector thing or what.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2010, 09:16 AM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi Dee Ann:

I don't use Funtime to do auto-vectorization much. I actually tend to use Inkscape to vectorize. Part of that is probably because I've used that longer and am more familiar with it.

I do have to say that I find Funtime puts in wierd arcs and things sometimes for me when I convert or edit some files. I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or if it's the software.

Are you a member of the yahoo Funtime group? If not, you should join. They have some tutorials and videos on doing auto-vectorization which I thought were good. Also there are couple of real techno-savy people on that site who might be able to advise you as to why you're getting strange results.

Debby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 05:40 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Thank you Debby. That really helps me out. That is exactly what I am getting are those arcs and curves. It's not too noticeable but too my OCD eyes it really bothers me. I use SCAL too. I don't use it a lot but I love my Cricut so I have it for the occasional SCUT file.

I used it yesterday to convert the file I was working on in Funtime. Perfect sharp vector. There was those little curves in Funtime.

I just rejoined Funtime. Klo's videos are down. She does the best Pazzles videos that I follow when working in Funtime. I did watch BossKut's videos. I am going to have to look through Funtime's videos and see if that helps.

I am always bugging Terri & Jules with the geekiest questions. Those two women deserve an award in patience.

Thank you so much for the help.

Nikki- Did you get your blade yet? Is your pink girl still giving you troubles?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I am always bugging Terri & Jules with the geekiest questions. Those two women deserve an award in patience.

Thank you so much for the help.

Nikki- Did you get your blade yet? Is your pink girl still giving you troubles?
It finally dropshipped today! I was beginning to think it wouldn't, *chuckle*! It still isn't working very well, but it's still 90% humidity. So it's hard to tell if it's the blade or humidity.

Of course the one time Phoenix has high humidity for days on end, it WOULD be the same time I'm trying to play with my new toy!

So she's still being persnickety but I love her anyway. I am inclined to think "blade" though, because it's coloring/drawing well, and embossing just fine.

And yes, Terri and Jules. Poor things have had me to deal with. I do feel rather bad for the sometimes rather geeky questions I ask, but they are endlessly patient!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2010, 03:24 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

I am trying to imagine Arizona with humidity. If that blade doesn't work go to JoAnn's and buy the Cricut Deep Cut Blade. They are the same blade. You can use coupons at JoAnn's for Circut accessories.

Debby- Thank you for the help with my geeky vector question. It was user error. I was using a pixelated file. I should have known better since I used to be a pixel artist. You know Pixels and Vectors are on different ends of spectrums.

My Cricut died today. Yes, I am one of the "rumored three year" girls. It was a sad death. I just don't know if I want to buy another one. I am stuck with my Gypsy and all the cartridges loaded on her. I am thinking of selling what I have left on Ebay. I was seriously thinking of doing this a week ago but now the Cricut death has finally sealed the deal.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 10:39 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I am trying to imagine Arizona with humidity. If that blade doesn't work go to JoAnn's and buy the Cricut Deep Cut Blade. They are the same blade. You can use coupons at JoAnn's for Circut accessories.

Debby- Thank you for the help with my geeky vector question. It was user error. I was using a pixelated file. I should have known better since I used to be a pixel artist. You know Pixels and Vectors are on different ends of spectrums.

My Cricut died today. Yes, I am one of the "rumored three year" girls. It was a sad death. I just don't know if I want to buy another one. I am stuck with my Gypsy and all the cartridges loaded on her. I am thinking of selling what I have left on Ebay. I was seriously thinking of doing this a week ago but now the Cricut death has finally sealed the deal.
Three years and that's it? Oh my gosh, I hope this Gazelle lasts longer than that!! I'd be pretty upset to have a machine like that just died on me - especially one you've invested so much in with the Gypsy and all the cartridges and everything.

It's starting to not get so humid now, thankfully, but it's still not working. The blade says it's on its way but I'm beginning to wonder! LOL! I might end up going to Joann and getting the deepcut just to satisfy my curiosity until the Gazelle blade gets here. It's still drawing/embossing great though. So at least it does something! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

I hope the Gazelle lasts longer too than three years. If it doesn't I will be so friggin' mad, lol.

DH replaced my Cricut. Hopefully, this one will last longer. We still have the old Cricut to take parts out and repair the other one with. This time I will trick ProvoCraft, lol.

Did you get the blade in the mail or JoAnn's yet?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

No it STILL is not here. The notice it shipped came on Tuesday, then today I got another notice saying my order status was updated to a status of "shipped". So either it got double-shipped or it didn't actually ship the first time around - so now I need to get to Joann and buy some blades because I can't stand to have that machine on my desk another day and not be using it! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2010, 05:46 AM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

Nikki- Hopefully it shows up today. We had a bad snow/ice storm over the weekend. We got hit pretty hard so everything is delayed and sluggish. That's probably why it's posting weird. I was waiting for a package too and it finally came in today after a long delay. I was starting to fret. But, the good news is the blade probably won't be effected by humidity, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #23  
Compulsive Stamper

Nicki and Dee Ann:

Just thought I'd share with you a paper that I found that works wonderfully with my Gazelle. Hands-down it cuts better than any other paper I've used. It's available at Staples--Xerox Heavyweight Matte Cover. I can cut the exact same file with the same thickness of paper (80 lbs.) and it just glides through this Xerox paper--no bunching up on sharp corners or anything. I absolutely love it. Give that a try too. As far as I know, it only comes in white, but if you're like me, you'll use a lot of white paper.

And thanks for the information about the Cricut blades. I wondered if they were the same. Is the deep-cut Cricut blade comparable with the standard Gazelle blade or the deep-cut Gazelle blade?

Oh, and here's the link to the paper: http://www.staples.com/Xerox-Heavywe...product_709326.

Oh and I agree, I hope the Gazelle lasts longer than 3 years.

Debby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2010, 01:44 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkwalshView Post
Nicki and Dee Ann:

Just thought I'd share with you a paper that I found that works wonderfully with my Gazelle. Hands-down it cuts better than any other paper I've used. It's available at Staples--Xerox Heavyweight Matte Cover. I can cut the exact same file with the same thickness of paper (80 lbs.) and it just glides through this Xerox paper--no bunching up on sharp corners or anything. I absolutely love it. Give that a try too. As far as I know, it only comes in white, but if you're like me, you'll use a lot of white paper.

And thanks for the information about the Cricut blades. I wondered if they were the same. Is the deep-cut Cricut blade comparable with the standard Gazelle blade or the deep-cut Gazelle blade?

Oh, and here's the link to the paper: http://www.staples.com/Xerox-Heavywe...product_709326.

Oh and I agree, I hope the Gazelle lasts longer than 3 years.

Debby
Debby, thanks! When I can get someone to go to Joann for the blades I will ask them to pretty please swing by Staples for the paper. This is really good to know - and I use a TON of white so this is good.

I've heard the deep cut cricut=standard gazelle blade. But we had a minor household electrical emergency yesterday, so no shopping happened! (an outlet tried to catch on fire!!)

Maybe tonight *crossing fingers* I can get the Cricut blade. My Gazelle blade is STILL not here. I'm really getting frustrated. I'm trying to be patient, but I ordered it 2 weeks ago and I'm generally antsy when it comes to new toys coming! LOL! It's not the company's fault, it has shipped and they can't control the USPS (oh how I wish they could). I am betting it is on the floor of my rather small post office and as soon as someone trips over it, I will get it delivered. (speaking from experience here!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Nikki- Hopefully it shows up today. We had a bad snow/ice storm over the weekend. We got hit pretty hard so everything is delayed and sluggish. That's probably why it's posting weird. I was waiting for a package too and it finally came in today after a long delay. I was starting to fret. But, the good news is the blade probably won't be effected by humidity, lol.
Ohhh that's right I forgot about those storms!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #26  
Compulsive Stamper

Nikki:

I hope your blades come soon. I wouldn't be able to wait either. I usually order several at a time so I'm never without!

Good luck and let me know how the paper works for you. Good luck too with your electrical problems. That's scary.

Debby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Nikki:

I hope your blades come soon. I wouldn't be able to wait either. I usually order several at a time so I'm never without!

Good luck and let me know how the paper works for you. Good luck too with your electrical problems. That's scary.

Debby
Debby - I hope so too! I didn't even think when I ordered the Gazelle to order extra blades but I should've.

The electrical WAS scary! We thought it was a mouse at first just scritching at stuff, and then my dad was saying "oh crap it's an outlet, everyone out" and then he had to go shut off the circuit, move furniture to get to the outlet and cut it out. If we hadn't figured out it was an outlet, and just left the traps for a mouse, it would've caught fire sooner than later. Ack! And of course my first thought was "Is that the outlet the gazelle and computer are plugged into?!?" lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Does anyone know of a file of a football helmet that I can convert in Inkscape to work with Funtime?

I'm also looking for a rowboat or sailboat if anyone knows where I can get either of those as well. I have a cruise ship but that won't work for the card I have in my brain
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 04:13 AM   #29  
Compulsive Stamper

Nikki:

Have you registered for the .gsd files on the yahoo wishblade group? They have tons of different ones and you can easily convert them to use on your gazelle. I don't know for sure if they have a football helmet or a sailboat, but they very well might. The other thing you could do is google a clipart football helmet and sailboat and vectorize the image. Another yahoo group to join is the yahoo funtime group. They also have some files you can download free and have some very good tutorials on how to use the software.

Debby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 05:28 AM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

Debby thank you so much for the tip. I was wanting to buy some 80lb weight paper. I was thinking about this tonight. I use Office Depot's 70lb paper & I love it. I want something a little heavier but not as heavy as WalMart's 110lb cardstock.

I don't know about the Deep Cut Gazelle blade. I don't have it yet. The Gazelle Blade is just exactly like the Cricut Deep Cut Blade. Right down to the smallest detail.

Also the Gazelle takes Pazzles and Cricut blade housings. I was excited to find that out. I think it's just the most versatile machine.

Nikki- Oh my gosh I am so sorry you had an electrical fire. I hope everyone is ok.

Nikki try http://www.clker.com/ for SVG files. It's a huge SVG search engine. I always have luck looking for coloring pages too. Google Images is a treasure trove for coloring pages.

Call Gazelle again about your blade. I know they will be worried that you haven't got it yet. We are expecting a few more storms today and Monday.

I had to get a new power cord because mine was the wrong one. I got my power cord in a day. But, I am right next door to them. The owner even told my husband he probably just should drive down and give it to us, lol.

Rolla is Ft. Leonardwood too so you can just imagine the mail headaches around there. Rolla sets smack dab in the middle of Springfield and St. Louis.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 06:04 AM   #31  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks Dee Ann so much for the information on the blades and blade housing. I always hate to wait for shipping (LOL). Now, I can just get them locally when I need them.

Let me know what you think about the paper. I absolutely love it.

Sorry to hear about the storms for you, but I live North of you on the Indiana/Michigan border and have to say I'm glad they're staying down your way!

Debby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Nikki:

Have you registered for the .gsd files on the yahoo wishblade group? They have tons of different ones and you can easily convert them to use on your gazelle. I don't know for sure if they have a football helmet or a sailboat, but they very well might. The other thing you could do is google a clipart football helmet and sailboat and vectorize the image. Another yahoo group to join is the yahoo funtime group. They also have some files you can download free and have some very good tutorials on how to use the software.

Debby
Debby, thanks! I will go ahead and join the Wishblade group. I forgot about the free files on the Funtime group (I'm a member). I have a post-stroke memory and the dangest things slip my mind! LOL!

I got my new blades today (WOOOOO HOOOOO!) and I am up and cutting and so very excited! I already need to spray my mat, so I will do that. I have the 12x12 mat, the 12x24 mat and the embossing mat so far. It's just the 12x12 that needs to be sprayed, I got some spray and will spray it tonight, after I tape off the pink bits with painters tape. I was hoping someone could get to the store for blades but they finally came in the mail.

I had a question - when I cut Vinyl, do I cut just on the regular cutting mat or do I need a special mat for that?

And I'll check out the groups for the football helmet and sailboat (oh and those are not for the same project. LOL! That'd be one weird card!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Debby thank you so much for the tip. I was wanting to buy some 80lb weight paper. I was thinking about this tonight. I use Office Depot's 70lb paper & I love it. I want something a little heavier but not as heavy as WalMart's 110lb cardstock.

I don't know about the Deep Cut Gazelle blade. I don't have it yet. The Gazelle Blade is just exactly like the Cricut Deep Cut Blade. Right down to the smallest detail.

Also the Gazelle takes Pazzles and Cricut blade housings. I was excited to find that out. I think it's just the most versatile machine.

Nikki- Oh my gosh I am so sorry you had an electrical fire. I hope everyone is ok.

Nikki try http://www.clker.com/ for SVG files. It's a huge SVG search engine. I always have luck looking for coloring pages too. Google Images is a treasure trove for coloring pages.

Call Gazelle again about your blade. I know they will be worried that you haven't got it yet. We are expecting a few more storms today and Monday.

I had to get a new power cord because mine was the wrong one. I got my power cord in a day. But, I am right next door to them. The owner even told my husband he probably just should drive down and give it to us, lol.

Rolla is Ft. Leonardwood too so you can just imagine the mail headaches around there. Rolla sets smack dab in the middle of Springfield and St. Louis.
Oh YAY! A search engine for SVG, how awesome is THAT? Thanks so much.

I was going to call today if it didn't come but it's here, so I'm not panicked anymore, lol! I just found it odd because the Gazelle shipped so fast, for it to take over 2 weeks for the blade it was just odd, it must've been the storms and everything and really not their fault, they shipped it out pretty fast, it just took forever for USPS to get it to me. But the blades came in a two-pack so now I have an extra and I have the embossing blade and the vinyl blade...still need to get the engraving blade but that's not a NEED right now (ok, honestly, neither was the machine and all it's stuff but I really REALLY wanted it, LOL!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

The clker site had the helmet and the sailboat! I am so excited Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #35  
Die Cut Diva

Nikki- I am so glad the new blades work.

I do not work with vinyl but as a Cricut girl I know a lot about it through osmosis, lol. You can use a regular mat with vinyl. The Wishblade, which is the lowest pounds per pressure machine, uses a regular mat.

Nikki- Don't feel bad about wanting all the blade units. I want them all too. I bought the machine to do fancy paper piercing. I still have not bought the piercing housing or blade, lol.

My Cricut came in today. I have one of the newer models with the plastic housing. I love it. She cuts so much better than my old Cricut. I am in Cricut love again. She was spot on with detailed cuts. I am really excited.

I use my Cricut as a paper crafting machine but I use the Gazelle for paper and heavier items like balsa wood and polymer clay.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2010, 01:09 PM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

How is everyone and their Pink Ladies?

I'm still learning my Gazelle and loving every minute. I totally ruined a blade-holder and got a new one. I watched a YouTube Vid that showed how to take it apart to change the blade - so I followed that and the thing fell apart and never did go back together correctly. Lesson learned. LOL!

I've made some fun stuff with it so far and am just spending WAY too much time finding files and making my own and I think I'm going to go broke from buying more paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

Question for you ladies - I have a certain file I found that is a .scut, I want to use it for my Easter cards but can't figure out how to convert it in Inkscape. Is there a way, or is it not possible? It's such a cool file too. LOL! Thanks for any help. If there is no way, that's ok, I will find a different basket.

OH, and a little frustrated. I found this free site boasting free SVG's, scrounged around, found some very cute stuff. Then she had this donate button where you send her $3 and she sends you a zip with all the files in it. I figured $3 wasn't much, well worth it, so like a ditz I "donated" the $3.

I haven't heard from her since. I checked my spam, emailed her to ask her if she could send the email again (giving her the benefit of the doubt that she DID send it the first time and it just didn't come through). But not a peep out of her. Luckily, it was only $3. Lesson learned!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 07:30 AM   #38  
Die Cut Diva

My poor Gazelle is buried in a massive rehaul of my craft room. I do miss her.

Converting an SCUT is tricky. That is a Cricut file.

First and best option ask the author if she has an SVG cut because she or he might have one.

If that doesn't work.

Go to craftedge.com and download SureCutsAlot. You can use the trial version for this. Open the file and try to do a screenshot.

Why I say try because as you can see the screen is a little bit cut off there. Little bit is understatement unless you have a large monitor.

You might be able to get the screeshot.

Click the preview all, take your screenshot, move it to your favorite graphics program, copy and paste as a new image. Following so far.

Click your magic wand, select the "red" areas. Your preview might be a different color. Copy and paste the red areas as a new image. Save as JPG or PNG, open Inkscape and do all your converting.

Now for the boring legal things. Make sure this file can be legally converted and that it's ok with the author. Some can get huffy especially if you paid for it. Most Cricut designers are sweeties.

I have never bought an SVG. E-mail her again your last reply might have went into her spam folder. If she doesn't fix it you can report her web site.

I hope all this helped. I had SCAL open when I went through all the steps. I had a migraine yesterday so I might have explained something goofy. I am still woozy.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

My poor Gazelle is buried in a massive rehaul of my craft room. I do miss her.

Converting an SCUT is tricky. That is a Cricut file.

First and best option ask the author if she has an SVG cut because she or he might have one.

If that doesn't work.

Go to craftedge.com and download SureCutsAlot. You can use the trial version for this. Open the file and try to do a screenshot.

Why I say try because as you can see the screen is a little bit cut off there. Little bit is understatement unless you have a large monitor.

You might be able to get the screeshot.

Click the preview all, take your screenshot, move it to your favorite graphics program, copy and paste as a new image. Following so far.

Click your magic wand, select the "red" areas. Your preview might be a different color. Copy and paste the red areas as a new image. Save as JPG or PNG, open Inkscape and do all your converting.

Now for the boring legal things. Make sure this file can be legally converted and that it's ok with the author. Some can get huffy especially if you paid for it. Most Cricut designers are sweeties.

I have never bought an SVG. E-mail her again your last reply might have went into her spam folder. If she doesn't fix it you can report her web site.

I hope all this helped. I had SCAL open when I went through all the steps. I had a migraine yesterday so I might have explained something goofy. I am still woozy.
DeeAnn, thank you so much! I'll try and contact them - it was a freebie off a website - and ask if they are ok if I convert or if they already have an SVG. YOu explained it perfectly, thanks!

I did hear from the lady I bought the SVG package from today. She said she can't get the email to go through, so I gave her another address and we'll see. Crossing fingers, but hoping it turns out!

Thanks DeeAnn!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2010, 04:10 PM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

I just read that the Cricut deep cut blade will work in the gazelle......... how about the Pazzles blades?

Anyone know?
Reply With Quote Likes