View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 02:13 PM   #110
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
According to the extremely pushy and intrusive uber-religious ex neighbors on whose street I once had the great misfortune to live, Catholics aren't Christian because they worship Mary and the saints instead of Jesus, so Catholics are therefore pagan and offensive to God.

As someone who'd converted to Catholicism, this was news to me, but providing them with details of Catholic theology didn't seem to dampen their urgings that I remove the St Francis statue from my front garden immediately.

For the record, they also thought my herb garden was 'satanic.' Yup, I make quite a demonic plate of pasta with fresh basil and a sprig of rosemary on the side...
LOL!!!

I do remember explaining the distinction to DH when we got married. I guess it might look like Catholics worship idols, when they pray before statues, so I explained that they are asking for supposedly holy dead people to intercede in their behalf. Perhaps a fine distinction, but important!!

My dad was big into lighting candles whenever any of us had problems. So I lit one for him at a monastery outside Barcelona when we toured.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!