Thread: Slice FAQ
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #430
TheOtherMeg
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty Math Chick View Post
Was it really that difficult for the average person without medical issues to hold it in place? Just curious. I just ordered a blue one recently since it was on sale.
I don't have any health issues, but I don't think holding the Slice in place is a big deal. I love all things Slice, but I'll pass on the hands-free system because I don't have a problem holding the machine while it makes a cut. It only takes a few seconds per cut, and it can only make one cut at a time anyway, so it's just not an issue with me.

If I didn't already have a 12x12 glass mat, I might get the hands-free system to have the larger glass mat (and it's got the embossing surface on the other side, which is nice). It does look handy, it's just not something I need.

I'm waiting for a new release of design cards! I'm loving the shadowing. It really gives the cuts a finished look, like they're more than something you'd get from a punch. More cards!