Thread: Slice FAQ
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 06:36 AM   #412
garkarlon
Glitter Guru

Hi Binx!

I saw a video on the Making Memories blog yesterday that showed how the new pens work. It looks like there are markers (different color options) and ball point pens (again, different color options). It looks like the tips are attached to the machine very similar to the cutting blades.

They also demonstrated the hands free collar a bit in the same video, and it appears that the collar comes with a magnetic mat, so when you attach the collar to your Slice, there are magnets built into it, and then they attach to the magnet mat, keeping the Slice in place. It's pretty cool, and I will definitely be adding it to my collection of soon to be received Slice products. These ladies here rock with how much knowledge they have about the Slice and how willing they are to share/enable! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by binx View Post
I have a question about the MS+ cards. I realize that the mirroring and shadowing are peculiar to the MS+ cards, but how about the speed boost? Once you've done that with an MS+ card, is the hardware somehow tweaked and all of your cuts are now faster? Or is the speed boost built into the card and you only get that with those cards?

Can all cards emboss with the embossing tips?

What about the ink tips? Anybody have thoughts on those? Maybe there are some YouTube videos on that. Anyone know?

Also, about this new hands-free thing. It looks to me like they just put a bumper around the 12x12 cutting mat. Is that all there is to it? If so, isn't that a limited hands-free proposition? Won't you still need to hold it if you're cutting in the middle of a large page?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!