Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Scrapbooking stores in Whitefish

I am heading to Whitefish, Montana in Feb. for a ski trip - well actually my husband and a couple of my kids will be skiing but I want to shop. Was wondering about the names and locations of stores in and around Whitefish?? I am especially looking for Nestabilities and Cuttlebug products. Thanks in advance for your help.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 07:14 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

check w/ AAA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2010, 09:20 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whitefish is a charming town. I hope you all enjoy it. The Flathead Valley (in which Whitefish sits) is gorgeous--but not exactly a shopping mecca.

There are no stamping/scrapping stores in Whitefish that I know of.
There is a Ben Franklin store at the small Whitefish Mall that I hear carries lots of crafting supplies. I assume it also carries some stamping stuff.

Your other two options are the town of Columbia Falls (about 15 miles away) or Kalispell (also about 15 miles away, in another direction).

All About Memories is in Columbia Falls on Hiway 40 West (phone 406-892-1999). I've never been there, but hear that it has a good selection (some have reported that the prices may be a little higher than they expected). Another I know nothing about is Grandma Betty's Scrapbook Store (406-892-5420).

In Kalispell there is Northland Hobbies on Hiway 2 West (phone 406-257-180. It is an independently owned general hobby store, but has a good section for stamping and scrapping. They do carry some limited Nestabilities. (Edited: phone number for Northland Hobbies is not appearing correctly on-screen, even tho in my post it has no smiley-face. The number is 406-257-1808. )

There is also a Joann's in Kalispell, but IMO its stamping/scrapping section leaves a lot to be desired.

Finally, the stamp manufacturer Paper Inspirations is located in Kalispell. They have no retail outlet, no store, no place the public can go in and look or buy. But they told me you can order online and indicate that you would like to pick up you stamps in person instead of paying shipping (406-756-9677).

Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip! It is truely an area of breathtaking beauty.

Last edited by blueheron; 01-25-2010 at 09:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for all the info - it should help alot. Checked your gallery blueheron - you have alot of lovely cards there!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2010, 11:05 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

ben franklin is always fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks, Wanda6.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I am heading back to Whitefish for a few more days this year and was wondering if this info was still current or if there have been any changes.....new stores, stores closing etc. The info sure was helpful last time I went.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Wanda6--

As far as I know (and according to the current phone book) all of the stores I listed for you in 2010 are still open. The only one I haven't visited in the past year is Grandma Betty's scrapbook store.

All About Memories has an AMAZING selection of 12x12 print paper (for this area, anyway). I do find their prices a bit high, but it is expensive to keep such a large inventory in such a small town.

JoAnn's now carries more Spellbinder, Cuttlebug, and Cricut products than they used to.

Northland Hobbies folks are SO helpful, and they pack a lot of product in a small-ish area. It is also the only store in which I have been able to find a rubber cement pick-up. You might want to call to see if they still offer stamping classes on Saturday mornings. If so, it is usually a drop-in kind of situation. I haven't been to the classes for a couple of years, but the teachers--Jacquie and Carolyn--really went out of their way to help me get started in stamping and are so knowledgeable and kind and love to share their joy of stamping. Check it out!

Hope you and your family enjoy your trip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks again for all your help. I'm sure I will enjoy checking out the stores again. While the others are skiing I plan on doing some shopping and getting started on my son's wedding invitations. By the way Whitefish is a shopping mecca to me....I come from a town of 500 lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All About Memories in Columbia Falls IS still open (I live about an hour and a half from there on the other side of Glacier Park in Cut Bank!).

I also enjoy Northland Hobbies in Kalispell.

Have fun! Glacier Park has always been our escape from the real world - you start climbing up the mountain and the stress just melts away. I, too, enjoy Whitefish, I think it's a great place to shop for such a small town!
Reply With Quote Likes