View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #36
girlgeek101
Proud Fan Club Member

This is an awesome thread. I participated in my first/last VSN in February 09 - so I am so happy I can plan to participate in the upcoming VSN this month. I totally loved it the first time. I hope I don't repeat the others.....there are so many I still have to read...but are my lessons learned and best practices (smiles - I'm such a geek):

1. I CAN make an acceptable entry in less than 30 minutes (but it seems like another 30 minutes would have made it perfect....but who as an hour to make a single card anyway?!) This is great training for real life! My best card from my last VSN I did only took 10 minutes ! See here

2. To pay attention to the SHOPPING List. The hostesses let us know what we need ahead of time and those things should be 'visible' (not in a box or draw) during VSN. Run out to the local craft store in advance to find substitutes if necessary, and swap with friends for them if your budget is low. Be careful though....don't use a key product before it is requested...cause you won't have it for the challenge it's intended for. It helps that they sometimes put them in the right order; this way you know that once it's been used you can safely go back and use the rest of it for another challenge later on.

3. To be very aware (or reminded) of what stamp images I have....and the various ways they can be used. So in preparation, open all the draws and the boxes and look at what you have....make amends with forgotten older stamps and practice with the newer ones not yet used. Play around with what you have (with no intent to succeed) just to get to know your stash well! So whether you have 2 stamps or 200 stamps - this can be a helpful exercise and get you using what you might be wasting (lol). Ditto for paper products lost behind the closet door! You'll be surprised what this exercise will do for creativity.

4. To set up my photo studio in advance; assure that camera, and materials needed to transfer from camera to computer, are all charged up, handy and ready to get going at a moments notice.

5. To remember to have fun. After all, this is really a game.

I hope you win a prize too - always makes it all the more fun !
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!