View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
cobby
Crimping Master

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirlThere View Post
You sound like me when I was thinking of buying my first Copics. I read everything, then I thought I knew my color choices, then read some more, changed stuff, got confused, read more, got overwhelmed, confused, and OY LOL I was so afraid to take the plunge. Picking out your first colors are soooo confusing!! What I ended up doing was picking a stamp I wanted to do, which first was a 4th of July stamp and I got colors just for that. That was much easier. I did go to a store and just stand there, brought my paper and tested the colors. One thing keep in your mind, what marianne says from "I like Markers" pick light colors. You will want to pick dark colors because you will like them, but alone they will be too dark.
I am still a bit scared of my Copics LOL I can do faces, but when it comes to bigger area's I chicken out and use my prisma's LOL
Good Luck to whoever is getting ready to take the Copic plunge LOL
You must have read my mind!! Last night after posting my comment I started thinking about how I don't have many stamps that require coloring. Up until now I've always used stamps that gave me more of an "instant gratification" feeling. Stamp here, stamp there...DONE! Whew.

So I thought, maybe I should just pick out a few stamps I like that need coloring; and then only buy the Copics that go with those stamps? OY!! So much pressure!! LOL . I'll take the plunge eventually, I really have an "obsession" with markers. ( and paper, and stamps...)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!