View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #11
ThatGirlThere
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobby View Post
I am in a bit of the same dilemma. I know I want the Sketch. After spending hours reading the threads and checking the recommended blogs, tutorials, and online places like Flourishes for advice on colors; I thought I had my list made.

Then I found a list someone posted giving the Copic matches for Stampin' Up colors. Being a former demo I have all the paper and this is what I use when I make cards. So...I thought maybe I should go with the matches for the colors I use most often. After watching a tutorial on YouTube with someone who uses only the very lightest in a color group ( those that end with 000's for example) and a very dark shade to do all her blending, I thought maybe that system would work for me and I could get lots of colors I like and still keep it to a total of 30 markers.

I've got my list ready but I haven't bitten the bullet yet and ordered anywhere. I've checked out Carpediem.com and know how much it would cost to place the order there. It's a huge jump for me to take but after playing with two or three of these markers I really like them. I will get my courage up soon I think!
You sound like me when I was thinking of buying my first Copics. I read everything, then I thought I knew my color choices, then read some more, changed stuff, got confused, read more, got overwhelmed, confused, and OY LOL I was so afraid to take the plunge. Picking out your first colors are soooo confusing!! What I ended up doing was picking a stamp I wanted to do, which first was a 4th of July stamp and I got colors just for that. That was much easier. I did go to a store and just stand there, brought my paper and tested the colors. One thing keep in your mind, what marianne says from "I like Markers" pick light colors. You will want to pick dark colors because you will like them, but alone they will be too dark.
I am still a bit scared of my Copics LOL I can do faces, but when it comes to bigger area's I chicken out and use my prisma's LOL
Good Luck to whoever is getting ready to take the Copic plunge LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!