View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
gale
Forum Fanatic

Question Copics-what to use with these colors?

I have been reducing my copic selection-for now I'm just putting some away and seeing how I do without them. If I don't miss them I'm going to sell them. So anyway I have a few colors that I don't seem to have anything to blend them with.

YG03. Does not match with 05 at all-03 is more of a yellow green and 05 is a clean green. I have 06 and it doesn't go either (06 and 05 are so close I took 06 out of the lineup)

YG67. 63 is too close-when I tried a blend I couldn't even tell.

BG93-I would like to find a lighter color that I can use with this.

YR16-YR14 isn't even the same kind of yellow. I don't have 12 so I didn't know if that blends well with 14 or 16 (or neither).

This is my current color lineup (plus the quad zeros and the c00 and w00-they don't show up well on the scan and this is an older chart I guess). I took about 50 markers out and put them away for now. Any colors that you would add? What I did was go by the SU color chart and then picked out colors that blended with them. I didn't have all of the colors so I may add those eventually and also want to add some to blend with colors I have but don't have blending colors for. So far on my wish list: YR24 to go with YR21, Y32 or Y35 to go with Y38, B23 to go with B21, E44 or E47 to go with E41 and E49. Plus some of the SU colors I don't have (and of course colors to blend with them): G99, B23, E74, B39, V95, RV25, E08. I'm not going to worry about adding in-color matches.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!