View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #85
tigerlily55
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksjones View Post
Do you do your best thinking in the shower? I do. Here is what I thought of this morning in the shower:

People who lived before the time of Christ will spend eternity in purgatory because they didn't know there was a true religion, and people who lived after the time of Christ but were not Christian will spend eternity in hell because they did not practice the one true religion. So, that means that Moses spends his eternity in purgatory; do Jesus, Mary and Joseph spend eternity in purgatory as well, since they were Jewish? And that does mean that Ghandi spends eternity in hell.
You DO take too long in the shower! It's kind of funny how all the christians/deists buddy up when it comes to certain social issues but when it comes right down to it, they think the other ones are cults or heretics or whatever and seem ok with the idea that other flavors of christians are headed for hades.

I remember a bible study class (catholic) from a long time ago. We asked the priest what the church's current view of hell was. He replied that maybe there wasn't any hell. I think we all were thinking, what are you saying? We were raised on it and now you're changing the rules?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!