View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #84
SophieLaFontaine
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksjones View Post
Do you do your best thinking in the shower? I do. Here is what I thought of this morning in the shower:

People who lived before the time of Christ will spend eternity in purgatory because they didn't know there was a true religion, and people who lived after the time of Christ but were not Christian will spend eternity in hell because they did not practice the one true religion. So, that means that Moses spends his eternity in purgatory; do Jesus, Mary and Joseph spend eternity in purgatory as well, since they were Jewish? And that does mean that Ghandi spends eternity in hell.
When I was a kid I used to get angry at missionaries because I believed that they were causing more people to go to hell than to heaven. I was raised Protestant so there was no purgatory. My dad told me that people who didn't know anything about Jesus would go to Heaven, but people who knew and rejected him would go to hell. So in my viewpoint I would always think that missionaries were telling people about Jesus, making it possible for them to go to hell now (if they chose not to accept Jesus, which is what I believed the majority would do), whereas otherwise, they would've gone to heaven.

Yes, that means Ghandi spends eternity in hell, as well as Mother Teresa (since she's "Catholic" and therefore not "Christian" according to my Protestant parents).
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!