View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #477
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Friday, January 1, 2010 8:52 PM, CST
Hello all and Happy 2010!

I'm sorry for such a long absence but we have been staying busy with company. I took Sicily to the clinic on Tuesday for a CBC and she ended up needing platelets again. Elias wanted to go with us but he was great and did not complain once about the four hours away from his new toys! It helped that I took him to the gift shop and let him buy a small five dollar toy with some of his Christmas money. It was also good for him to see what takes place and how well Sicily handles everything. He told her, "You sure are brave, Sicily," after he observed the needle being pushed into her port.

We had a return appointment again on Thursday and Isabella decided to tag along that day. Sicily's numbers were on the rise so we finally were able to stop her GCSF shots after fourteen days. Her ear infection had cleared up, as well.

Monday is fast approaching but I have been successful at keeping it off my plate of worries with my parents visiting along with one of my sister's and her family. We've had a nice time, but more importantly, the kids have had a blast. Sicily is full of her usual spunk and energy and has loved having a house full! I'm sort of ready and then again not really ready for Monday to arrive and the older three kids back into the routine of school.

I've definitely enjoyed the post Christmas activities and wish we had just a little more time. This year really stressed me out and a lot of that was my own doing...something I still need to work on. Like I've said time and time again, if I could just get my house in order our lives would simplify somewhat. I never make New Year's resolutions because they usually hang over me and I don't accomplish what I verbally said I would do, but I am going to work extra hard at trying to get things organized and in their place around here.

I still don't know what the future holds past next Monday, but we are getting pretty good at this day to day thing. There are times I wish we could make some long term plans, but it's just better we don't as to not have to be disappointed or crushed if we can't fulfill them. I just pray with all my heart that the results of the CT scan, which will include Sicily's chest and abdomen, show that these drugs are working and her cancer is on it's way to being defeated! She misses school so much. She still talks about not being able to wait to get to go back. I hope that day comes soon.

Well, I need to run. Isabella needs her twenty four hour insulin shot and I need to start hunting down little bodies to get pajamas on!

Love to you all and here's to an awesome new year!!! And I have come to the conclusion that many of you are so right about the "nut" thing...Sicily's health is not great right now and it may take the rest of this year to improve it, but improve it will and next year her nut will be the best one of all!!! ; )

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!