View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #66
bksjones
Polyshrink Goddess

Yeah, see, I hesitated to even ask the question, because I don't want to think that my blood relatives are crazy (I mean any more than normal ). One of them could have been "chemically enhanced", but not the other. I don't know if there is a god or an afterlife or not, so I would not presume to judge whether they are hearing these things or not, just curious what your thoughts are.

Oh yes, there are more specific stories: certain characters from family members' past lives, warnings, messages, apologies. My grandmother (the uncles' mother) died seven years before I was born and they say that on the other side, she and I are the best of friends and I was so disappointed that we would not be together at all in this life. She's sorry, too, but she just had to go back. I thought this was an interesting observation because I've never talked to anyone about how robbed I feel at not having a chance to know her. I look a lot like her, and have always heard what a great woman she was so it has always felt so unfair that I didn't get to know her. How could they have known that?

I'm rather skeptical of most supernatural phenomena, but this has been a part of my life for so long that I never even questioned it. That realization helps me understand how religious people can have such blind faith. Interesting...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!