View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #471
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Saturday, December 26, 2009 9:08 AM, CST

Friday, December 25, 2009 8:56 PM, CST

Evening and Merry Christmas.

The day is not over and I still haven't found my Christmas yet. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be this year. We had a nice couple of days but even though we kept things low key, Sicily's body hasn't bounced back from her last round of chemo. She started running a temp of 102 around 6:45 so she and Patrick are getting checked into the hospital after braving the still treacherous roads. My heart is broken. I want my daughter and husband home with the rest of us. She was very sad when I told her she had to go, but quickly became stoic and just nodded her head when I told her I loved her and would see her in the morning, as I carried her out into the garage to be safely buckled into her car seat.

Her counts as of yesterday morning were zero. Her white blood count was .3 when it should be above 4.5. Everything else was low and will be dropping even more as her body will be trying to boost her white cells with the GCSF shots I give her nightly. A fever, in this case, is an instant forty-eight hour pass to the hospital. But, it has to be done for her protection. I just wish we hadn't been dumped with seven inches of snow last night. Patrick just called to say they made it there, but it was not easy. I'll try to update more tomorrow. Nothing ever happens too fast on the weekends, especially after a holiday.

I guess you could say I'm having a "Blue Christmas!" I am so sad!

Kerry

Last edited by caterinafmig; 12-26-2009 at 07:26 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!