View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #45
Carmellia
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniebean55 View Post
LOL! Or maybe 500 duds and one reasonably passable but ridiculously involved card? You know how you have a pic in your head of the card you want to make but it just won't translate into reality? ... Yeah, it was a lot like that.

My vision is (was?) three jet black cats with red red bows, but discovered it needs something to balance the intensity somehow. Also, wanted to add a monk-script fancy 'O' sort of somethin-somethin to the 'come let us ignore you' and couldn't find anything that would balance.* Ended up with something I was reasonably happy with, did the cut and layer thing so the window frame sits on top of the base and the cats & ledge sit on top of that. Took most of a day and a lot of CS that got tossed into recycle or just plain tossed. At least I got to play with my Copics ..

(btw, was that the stamp you were looking for? )

* We have a wonderful LSS that will help you make that 'exactly right' stamp and I might just go see them for this one. They're amazing!
Yes, that is the stamp. I like your idea of layering the ledge and cats on top ofthe window. Mind if I "aquire" your idea?

So many members of my cat card club are talking about getting the stamp that we thought it would be interesting to set up an album on the site showing all the different cards we came up with.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!