View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #44
jeaniebean55
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmellia View Post
It looks like such a straight forward stamp. How come it took 1000 hours to make a card with it? You must have done something really elaborate.
LOL! Or maybe 500 duds and one reasonably passable but ridiculously involved card? You know how you have a pic in your head of the card you want to make but it just won't translate into reality? ... Yeah, it was a lot like that.

My vision is (was?) three jet black cats with red red bows, but discovered it needs something to balance the intensity somehow. Also, wanted to add a monk-script fancy 'O' sort of somethin-somethin to the 'come let us ignore you' and couldn't find anything that would balance.* Ended up with something I was reasonably happy with, did the cut and layer thing so the window frame sits on top of the base and the cats & ledge sit on top of that. Took most of a day and a lot of CS that got tossed into recycle or just plain tossed. At least I got to play with my Copics ...

(btw, was that the stamp you were looking for? )

* We have a wonderful LSS that will help you make that 'exactly right' stamp and I might just go see them for this one. They're amazing!

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 12-25-2009 at 05:04 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!