View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 06:44 AM   #452
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 7:52 AM, CST

Good morning all,

Just a quick update...Sicily is really doing good. She has the best appetite we have seen since she was diagnosed in August 2008. I'm going to have to kid the doctors about slipping her some steroids. We are beyond happy that she is hungry!!!

She has also been doing great with her GCSF shots since we figured out the best place for her to receive them...in her tushy! I lay a little soft bear shaped cold pack on one of her cheeks for a few minutes then rub her skin with an alcohol wipe and then count to three, poke, push the medicine out of the needle and we're done. She stays silent the entire time and then hops up with a huge grin on her face. Then it's off to the freezer for a Popsicle for her reward. Works for us. Sure is nice now as the drama and dread have been removed and we can help those white blood cells boost their body protecting powers!

Sicily and I are getting ready to head to the clinic for a 9:00 appointment to see if her counts are good enough to throw another round of ICE at her. Pray she is where she needs to be!

I'll report later the findings and whether or not we'll be going inpatient in the next couple of days!

Love you all!

Kerry

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!