View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #450
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Friday, December 4, 2009 6:46 PM, CST

Good evening,

Sicily only ended up needing platelets again this morning, so her hemoglobin and red blood cells must be on their way back up. We will continue to give her the GCSF shots to encourage those white blood cells to multiply like rabbits! We need her ANC to be at a certain level before we can throw another treatment at her. It might be Wednesday or Thursday of this coming week, or possibly the following Monday. Never-the-less, I'm on some antibiotics to help me get over this infection so I can be ready!

I'm a wimp when it comes to fighting the head pressure of a sinus infection! Sicily has vowed to take care of me even though she said on Wednesday when I started to feel this coming on..."Mommy's don't get sick!" Well, unfortunately, they do. I personally think we should be immune to sickness so we can take good care of our families...we need a "vaccine for sick mommy's!" I have been able to rest today thanks to Patrick's help, and Sicily always considers a day with Daddy to be very special! I'm just glad it's the weekend!!!

The older kids were a little surprised with Sicily's appearance when they came home from school, but she assures them that her hair will grow back again! After I saw her pillow this morning I knew we had to sit down and do a little "removing" of the loose hair follicles. She literally took handfuls out at a time. I barely had to touch areas of her head and the hair came out like it was just laying there and had never been attached at all. She still finds humor in it all and it still breaks my heart, but I keep reminding myself that it is just another sign of what could be happening to her cancer!

I try to imagine from time to time that it's shriveling and shrinking and will soon completely disappear. I'm tired of it being in my little girl's body where it doesn't belong...as California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger would say (or what he used to say), "Hasta La Vista, Baby!" ; )

Everyone have a blessed weekend!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!