View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 06:47 AM   #449
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Friday, December 4, 2009 9:17 AM, CST
Morning,

Sorry for not updating...I'm under the weather with a cold/sinus infection (I think) and am trying to get rest here and there as to hopefully get over this soon!

Patrick is on his way to the clinic with Sicily to check her numbers and possibly have a blood transfusion. One of my biggest fears about being around other people with Sicily is for her to catch even the slightest cold, as it could put her chemo treatments off and could cause other complications for her, as well, since her immune system is completely compromised! Therefore I don't want to expose myself to other children in this setting so Patrick had to take her in.

She is doing pretty good right now and is still full of life and energy. The older kids will have a surprise when they come home from school as she is almost bald again. Within a quick time span of about fifteen minutes this morning, she and I sat on the living room floor and removed handful amounts of hair and put it into a plastic baggy. She still has some around the top of her forehead and around the bottom over her ears and above her neck. It's amazing how quickly it came out this time.

Once again it proves to me how high a level of chemo drugs she is on. If the new drugs affected the cells responsible for her hair this fast, maybe they are killing the cancer this fast, too! We can only hope. After her next round of chemo we will most likely check and see what is happening.

I'm going to finish my hot tea and head back to bed for awhile and try to sleep off this pain in my head!

I'll update later after Patrick and Sicily return.

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!