Thread: Slice FAQ
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 06:49 PM   #171
TheOtherMeg
Glitter Guru

Mine's here! The kids and I cut lots of shapes today and had a blast. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cards that have shadowing! Also, about the cutting speed, the M+ cards have a way to set it higher, so maybe the blue/green machines are as good as the pink ones after all. I know I'm thrilled with mine right now.

The Under the Sea card is going to get a lot of use around here. Love all the pirate stuff. I'll try the embossing tips tomorrow!

Glass mats -- I would say stick with them. I stopped using the self-healing mats when I discovered glass. Blades (Exacto and others) glide so much better on glass. They go smoothly around corners & curves and don't get hung up. I actually took my Fiskars templates back from my kids (I gave them to them to use as drawing stencils) when I discovered glass mats. I had given up getting a smooth cut with them (I was using a self-healing mat), but when I switched to cutting on glass, they worked like a charm.