Thread: Slice FAQ
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #144
JulieHRR
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahmegan View Post
Does anyone remember a while back when the Slices weren't cutting right? This was a while ago. I just cut a 2.5 inch and it was a bit wonky. Do I need to contact MM customer service? Is there something else I can try. Admittedly, I've only used it once or twice. I want to get some more carts for it. Today might be a good day to do that.
If you've only used it once or twice prior, I'd "home" it, and then try a few more cuts, at different sizes, different designs, and see what you get. Take pictures.

It's possible your machine may need calibrating, and it's possible you may have one or the first generation machines that was having difficulty; I'd run a full battery of tests on it.

It turned out my machine was cutting wonky, but it wasn't the machine. After I did all the trouble-shooting tips at the www.whyslice.com site, I contacted MM (I registered my machine there immediately after purchase). I showed them photos of the results I was getting, even after exhausting all the helps/tips at the site. They had me ship mine in and determined quickly that it was a power cord issue, not a machine issue.

My machine was recently returned to me with a new power cord and she's been golden ever since.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!