View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 04:25 AM   #444
janiekay
Pearl-ExPert

Default The mess will still be there tomorrow...

but the kids will be all grown up!!! That is what my mother used to tell me all the time when I complained about how messy my house was. I only have 2 kids, but there was a point in my life when I did have 5 babysitting additions!!!

My daugher is now almost 21, and away at college, and my son is 15, and a sophomore in HS. I look at them now, and I know exactly what my mother was talking about. They grow up sooooo fast.

My mother-in-law once told me that my housekeeping skills had diminished since I had children. I told her that I would rather spend my time having fun with my children than spend it cleaning the house! I had play groups at my house, I was the Girl Scout troop leader, I made kool-aid and cookies for all of the kids that were always over to play!!! Our house was the FUN house. We always had toys and games, and fun!!! AND, I wouldn't change it for the world!!!

So, Kerry, your house will be there tomorrow, and you will have plenty of time to clean up the mess, but until that time, you are doing what every good mother should do... make the house a fun place to be, so your kids and their friends want to be there, without having to worry if they dropped a crumb on the floor. I always said that was the reason for a dog in the house!!! To clean the floor, when you're too busy making cookies!! LOL!!

I know you also have hospital visits and doctor visits and more to throw into the mix, as well. But, whats the point of putting laundry away, when it's easier to get together for the kids before school from the living room???

My thoughts and prayers continue for Sicily, Isabella and the rest of your family!

Jane