View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #441
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Sunday, November 29, 2009 8:46 AM, CST

Good morning,

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday at my sister's house. Sicily did great and really enjoyed herself, despite the late bedtimes and early mornings (the typical schedule of being around siblings and cousins...she feels she needs to try and keep up). Unfortunately, when we returned home yesterday around lunch time, she started running a fever of 101.1. We know the drill that if she goes over 101.5 we need to call the doctor and a trip to the hospital usually follows. Guess what, by evening she was at 102, so the call was made and the request to travel to the hospital came in.

As I unpacked some suitcases I turned around and re-packed another. Sicily was not happy and asked if she could just go to bed early. Breaks my heart. Because of her port that is a direct line to her heart, anytime she runs a fever we have to worry and be concerned that she could have an infection, therefore requiring the need to go to the hospital for cultures. As has been the case a couple of other times, by the time Patrick got her to the hospital, her fever had gone down quite a bit, but I will not risk missing something. I know it may be an inconvenience, but we just can't take the chance.

On Friday a blood drive in Sicily's honor was held in Wellington, Kansas, her birth home, and I don't have any details yet other than I think it went pretty well. I just wanted to thank everyone who participated and was a part of it. It means a great deal to us! ; )

I just wanted to jump on here real quick to update. I wish I could spend more time journaling, but there just hasn't been enough time lately and I apologize if I left anyone feeling uninformed. There hasn't been much to update until now, anyway, and I actually found myself enjoying the time away from the computer for a few days, even though I didn't think I could or would manage without my connection to the outside world. We did not have a lot of down time while at my sisters house so that helped!

Everyone have a blessed Sunday and I'll report more when or if I find out anything concerning Sicily. I'll be switching places with Patrick at the hospital after lunch if he can't coerce them to let him bring her home until the cultures come back, which isn't supposed to be until much later tonight. Sicily just wants to be home with her kitty!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!