View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 06:58 AM   #189
good_day1214
Matboard Maniac

marryperri-
Both afghans you've posted are gorgeous! The green and purple have such a calming effect. And I also love your black one and what looks like two different stitches in each square…

christina612-
I'm intimidated by thread crochet. I can feel my hands cramping just looking at it. I attempted to crochet flowers using DMC floss. It was probably me, but I had one hell of a time since the stitches were so small.

Very cute kimono! I have a new goddaughter and looking forward to making things for her.

Your washclothes turned out great! I love the colors and the stitches look so pretty.

cdjkssss-
Beautiful pattern. It's neat how those hearts pop out.

stamping_KML-
That EdgeryDoo is neat! There's a charity group here that provides fleece blankets with the holes already punched. They then rely on volunteer crocheters to hook up the edging. Think I can use my SU mat pack? LOL

redsabby518-
Hope you feel better soon!!

split-pea-
Love pink and white together!
So this cro-hook… is there any other difference between regular & cro-hook crocheting? It looks like you can combine two colors on one row (if I'm looking at your pic correctly)…? Is that why it results in a thicker texture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjkssss View Post
I'm with you on that one! I don't EVER sew blocks together anymore. I almost always make afghans with squares. Super long rows annoy me, too.
OK I feel like an idiot for asking since I would think it'd be common sense...
So this join-as-you-go technique... if you're making indiv squares, don't you still need to sew the blocks together?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!