View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
Rox71
PAPER SCAPER

Default Sketch Challenge 256

Keywords: SC256 No spaces between letters and numbers, put a comma followed by a space between keywords. The keywords are all you need to have your card show up in the challenge gallery, having it in the keyword line covers more searches. Posting to this thread is not mandatory to play!
Master Thread Find 'What is the Challenge', email notification, uploading and linking directions, files and links of past challenges and more.

SCSketches Gallery (Layouts starting at SC01 to the present week.)

This Week:

Some players ask for funky and you’re getting it this week! Please remember shapes can change so if the curve is absolutely out of your skill level for cutting maybe a straight cut in a zig-zag pattern will work for you and a straight across panel is also an option.

In this video you can watch Beate do some hand cutting and notice how she MOVES the paper to make the cuts, that is key to making a curved cut work for you.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the video and you can slide the timer over to 2:00 (you’ll see it in the tiny pop up window) to fast forward to the cutting section.

I suggest printing the layout, cut it apart and use the curved panel as a template. The curved panel is not an equal distance in width at both ends. This layout was drawn up by the creator of the layout, she cut her card panel freehand.

This technique is from Jojot/Joanne on cutting a mat:
When cutting a curved edge which you want to mat take both the top panel and the mat panel and cut both together on the top edge. Then move the mat edge above the top panel edge an equal distance to the amount of matting needed for both sides of the curved panel - for example 1/8” borders would require it to be moved ¼” above the top layer. Holding the two panels cut the bottom edge, this will not give exact equal borders all the way across but it works just fine for the funky look.

What I did to create a border: cut the border layer with decorative scissors…scallop works well for this curved panel.

smallpigpig

Gallery Submissions

You can find measurements in my card description linked in post #2. Open the link and they will be at the top of the description.
OR
The attachment will print out to actual size of an A2 card for most computers. A2 is 4.25 x 5.5 inches.

The numbers and colors are requested from players so it's easier to read the layout, it means nothing towards colors used or number of borders when creating your project.

Printing directions are in the Master Thread linked above.
Attached Thumbnails
sc256.jpg  
Perfect Paper Crafting * SweetStamps * Just for Fun Rubber Stamps

Last edited by Rox71; 12-01-2009 at 07:43 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!