Thread: Slice FAQ
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 05:44 AM   #97
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

I have all the die cutters- Cricut's, Gazelle, Cuttlebug, but I love my Slice.

Slice loves and tips.

- Replaces a lot of our punches. Really you can buy a punch for $14 and one shape or Slice cartridge for $28 and several shapes. Hands down Slice wins. No punches taking up precious craft space. I do love my punches though.

- I use Aleene's Tack it over to make my glass mat stick, and then I cover it with wax paper.

- I have a journaling box that sets beside me all the time with my favorite tools in it. My slice fits in their nicely with my Baby Cricut. I have the best of both world's.

- It embosses

- I keep mine plugged in when I use it. It just works better. When you start losing the charge it's like an old car with no gasoline. Chug, Chug, Sputter, Sputter.

- Making Memories has wonderful CS. I can't call them on the phone because I have a hearing impairment. I e-mailed them with my problem. They got back to me in less than a day. I love their Customer Service.

- I trust their products.

Cons-

- If you make multiple cuts the machine can start hurting your hands after awhile. Something to think about if your going to do wedding invitations. Otherwise it's very easy to hold on too. I have tiny hands. My cat holds on to it. She likes my die cutting machines. She can beat them up. All the complaints about it being too hard on your hands, if my cat can hold on to it so can you.

- Some of the cuts come out wonky even after calibration. Then you cut the same shape again in the same size and it will be fine. I have summed this up as little gremlins living in the machine.

- My DH bought me a Cricut Gypsy. Now, that I have my carts stored on it I can make cuts quick and adjust them to my needs. I can't do that with the Slice.
Slice has said they will release a cartridge that we can create our own designs. I keep waiting for every CHA. I bet with the Gypsy out now MM will speed up production on the rumored card.

I do want to make a note about anybody reading this trying to decide between a Cricut and Slice. Every board I post too seems like a lot of posts are trying to decide between the two.

The Cricut is a paper piercing cutter. What that means is that you cut out a shape and then pierce it together for example Mickey Mouse.

The Slice is just a die cutter and you don't have to paper pierce.

Granted the Cricut has thousands of shapes you don't have to pierce but many of the cartridges you do have to put together.

Comparing a Cricut to a Slice is like comparing Apples to Oranges.

The Slice does cut vinyl from what I heard.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!