Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2009, 05:08 AM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VSBN Mini Master Thread ~ Rockin' Through The Decades: Top 10 SCS Countdown

This thread will contain our SCS Top Ten Hits from
November 21 and December 19...ENJOY!

http://vsbnrockinout.blogspot.com/20...8-b-seger.html

Title: Old Time Rock & Roll (sung by Bob Seger, 1978 )
Hostess: Charlsanne (cla616)
Keyword: Nov09VSBNTop10
Day/Date: Saturday, November 21
Time: 12:00 PM (noon)

As soon as I heard the theme for the upcoming VSBN, the song �Old Time Rock & Roll� popped immediately into my head. This song, at least to my generation, is best known from the movie Risky Business.

So the challenge is for you to build a scrap page or double page spread using the Rock and Roll Technique, which can be found in the Resources Section, and also use a �Risky Technique� (i.e. something that has been around, but you have never tried, another Oldie but Goodie)

Some of these �Oldie but Goodie� techniques may include something as simple as:
Faux Dry Embossing, or in the resources section better known as 3D Stamping
Baby Wipe Technique
Faux Shaving Cream
Kissing Technique
Painted Pearls

Well I think you get the drift.

You can view all challenge entries here

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 28.
2. You have 2 hours to complete the challenge (unless otherwise stated).
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, Nov09VSBNTop10 , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 11-21-2009 at 08:27 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Gallery Gazer

Title: A Moment Like This (sung by Kelly Clarkson, 2002)
Hostess: Mary Pat (Mary_Pat419)
Keyword: Nov09VSBNTop9
Time: 2:00 PM

http://vsbnrockinout.blogspot.com/20...-clarkson.html

The past decade musically really belongs to the reality TV show American Idol. It all started with their first winner and now super star, Kelly Clarkson. Her finale song was designed for the first American Idol singer and who can forget the way she sang it! It was such an emotional song and the words seem to ring true for her and her moment.

My challenge is to take any phrase (full or partial) from the song to make it reflect your moment! It can be serious, funny, or dramatic�whatever the feel of the moment. Just be sure to share with us in your title or journaling how you used the phrase.

What if I told you it was all meant to be?
Would you believe me, would you agree?
Its almost that feeling that we've met before so tell me that you don�t think Im crazy when I tell your love is here and now.

A Moment like this.
Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this.
Some people search forever for that one special kiss.
I can�t believe it�s happening to me.

Everything changes, but beauty remains.
Something so tender I can�t explain.
Well I may be dreaming but til I awake. Can we make the dream last forever?
And I'll cherish all the love we share for a moment like this.

The speed of waiting love of all.
I wanna know that you will catch me when I fall.
So let me tell you this.
Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this...

Some people search a lifetime for a moment like this.
Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this

You can view all challenges HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 28.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, Nov09VSBNTop9 , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen
Gallery Gazer

Title: Blue Suede Shoes (sung by Elvis Presley, 1956)
Hostess: Kerry (Kerry3K)
Keyword: Nov09VSBNTop8
Time: 4:00 PM EST

Check out the Blog for the VSBN too! VSBNROCKINOUT

For this challenge I would like you to scrap shoes IN ANY FORM.
You could use in your page(s) any one or more of these thoughts or come up with your own:
1. anything that is on a shoe such as a buckle or snap, but use a embellishment -not really part of a shoe
2. pictures of shoes ie: if you �collect� shoes like my DH thinks I do. He is always saying, �Just how many shoes do you need?� or �Don�t you already have a pair of black shoes?�
3. Stamp with a shoe anywhere on it or a stamp of a shoe itself.
4. Designer Paper with shoes on it.

I also want you to use the color BLUE on your page(s)

The gallery for this challenge is HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, Nov09VSBNTop8 , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 11-21-2009 at 03:40 PM..
Stampin' Fool

Default Nov09VSBNTop7~Saturday November 21st~ 8:00 PM~ Black or White

Title: Black or White (by Michael Jackson, 1991)
Hostess: Jen (Jenstampingpad)
Keyword: Nov09VSBNTop7
Day/Date: Saturday November 21st
Time: 8:00 PM

Growing up listening to Michael Jackson, I truly am amazed at his talent as not only a wonderful singer but a performer as well. His movie, "This is It,� was eye opening to me.

My challenge to you is to create a layout that is inspired by the title or the lyrics of the song. Plus create a layout only using black and white. This includes papers, embellishments, inks, and photos as well.

Check out this site with the lyrics and video to help inspire you: Black or White lyrics

View the gallery: HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, November 28.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, Nov09VSBNTop7, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by jenstampingpad; 11-21-2009 at 08:22 PM..
Stampin' Fool

Default Nov09VSBNTop6~Saturday November 21st~ 10:00 PM~ Everlong

Title: Everlong (Foo Fighters, 1997)
Hostess: Denise (stampingdenise)
Keyword: Nov09VSBNTop6
Time: 10:00 PM

Arguably, Nirvana was the defining artist for the 90s decade, introducing alternative grunge rock into the mainstream. Kurt Cobain�s untimely death in 1994 was the end of the band, but Dave Grohl, Nirvana drummer, started Foo Fighters in 1995 as his one-man project. Soon, other performers were added, and the band was born. In 1997, the Foo Fighters released the song Everlong, a song about an all-consuming love. My favorite line goes �The only thing I'll ever ask of you You've got to promise not to stop when I say when�

This song holds personal significance for me as well, as it was one of "our songs� when my husband and I started dating. Hearing it still brings back a flood of memories about the new-ness of love, that all-consuming desire to be with someone, and the excitement of being with someone new and �wondering if anything could ever be this real again.�
The song also reminds me of my longing for a child. Having struggled for 5 years to get pregnant, there was a very real possibility that I would never become pregnant. The line �Hello, I�ve waited here for you. Everlong.� reminds me of the first moment I was able to see and hold my baby girl for the first time� that feeling of waiting and hoping for so long and finally finding that type of eternal, bonding love that you know from the first instant your life has been transformed.

My challenge to you is to create a layout about that all-consuming love you have for someone: your spouse, your child, your dog, whether you want to focus on the beginnings of that love, or how that love has endured. The central focus of this page should be a photo, preferably a large photo to show the object of your affection. (Or you could use a series of small photos grouped together as a single unit.)

Bonus points for using any of the lines from the lyrics on the layout.

(For those of you who don�t know, Foo Fighters is my favorite band, Dave Grohl is my rock-star boyfriend , and Everlong is one of my favorite songs. Nothing better than hearing it performed live in concert!!!)

Check out the VSBN Blog:
VSBNRockinItOut

My sample: Everlong

See all submissions: HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, Nov09VSBNTop6 , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.

Last edited by jenstampingpad; 11-21-2009 at 08:23 PM..
Die Cut Diva

Default VSBN Mini Master Thread ~ Rockin' Through The Decades: Top 10 SCS Countdown

VSBN~Rockin’ Trough the Decades!
Title: Girls Just Want To Have Fun! Sung by: Cyndi Lauper 1983
Hostess: Kerry3k
Keyword: DEC09VSBNTop5
Day/Date: Saturday, December 19
Time: 12pm EST

CYNDI LAUPER lyrics - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
(Robert Hazard)
I come home in the morning light
My mother says when you gonna live your life right
Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones
And girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun

The phone rings in the middle of the night
My father yells what you gonna do with your life
Oh daddy dear you know you're still number one
But girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have

That's all they really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Girls - they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun

Some boys take a beautiful girl
And hide her away from the rest of the world
I want to be the one to walk in the sun
Oh girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have

That's all they really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Girls - they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun,
They want to have fun,
They want to have fun...

Can you guess what this challenge is about?! Yup, you got it! Anything that has to do with a group of girls, AND a whole BUNCH of FUN!

Scrap your favorite gathering of gals. It could be your daughters, nieces, sisters, aunts, friends…. Girls night out, bachelorette party, birthday party, generations of a family. Any occasion that has girls in it.

*Use Sally’s Sketch for a double layout SBSC189 or a single layout SBSC136
*Use bling and lots of it!
*Use bright FUN colors in your layout.
*If you are really up to a challenge include journaling too.

Remember, interpret the challenge however you see fit- it’s VSBN! It’s not about the rules; it’s about getting memories into albums!!! Ultimately, it’s your page and your memory. Enjoy and have FUN!

View the Gallery to this challenge Here.
Listen to the song Here.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON MONDAY, December 28
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC09VSBNTop5 , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
VSBN Mini Master Thread ~ Rockin' Through The Decades: Top 10 SCS Countdown-img_7093-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 12-20-2009 at 07:14 AM..
Glitter Guru

Title: Crazy (sung by Seal, 1991 )
Hostess: Val (fresshe)
Keyword: Dec09VSBNTop4
Time: 2:00 PM

What I have noticed the most about scrapbooking is the fact that when I go out and about I �see� more things now and the things I �see� , I see differently, almost like I have a fresher, sharper perspective on the world around me. I stand in awe more! And although the lyrics to this song are a bit �out there� for me, I stop and listen each time I hear this song-and maybe that�s the part of me that�s a little crazy-because I do stop and listen and look and see- So how does all this translate into a scrap book page?

My challenge to you is to make your design something out of the ordinary for you-if you normally scrap simple �add some extra embellies, if you normally grunge things up, leave them clean, if you normally have everything in clean straight lines, then arrange your photos with a scattered look. The choices are endless-your challenge is simply to change your style a bit so �you see thing, The size , Of which you've never known before�. And of course you have to tell us how you changed things up!
Bonus for finding a way to use some of these �crazy� lyrics on your page and adding a little yellow to your page!

READ THE LYRICS AND LISTEN TO THE SONG HERE-well the part that counts
And then you see things
The size
Of which you've never known before

They'll break it

Someday...

Only child know....

Them things
The size
Of which you've never known before

Someday...
Someway...
Someday...
Someway...
Someday...
Someway...
Someday...

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
Dec09VSBNTop4

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON MONDAY, December 28.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, KEYWORD , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.

And here is my sample!
Digital Scrapping by Beatrice at Splitcoaststampers
Gallery Gazer

Title: A Day In The Life (The Beatles, 1967)
Hostess: Mary Pat (Mary_Pat419)
Keyword: Dec09VSBNTop3
Time: 4:00 PM

http://vsbnrockinout.blogspot.com

Video

Lyrics

Well we can�t have a Rockin� VSBN without the number one band of all time�THE BEATLE�S! The first time I remember hearing the Beatles and liking their music was when I was about 8 years old and listening to a record at a friend�s house: Sgt Pepper�s Lonely Hearts Club Band. This was about 1974 but the song was released in 1967 to a lot of controversy over the lyrics. Being that young, the lyrics in whole did not mean anything to me but I loved the sound. The song has such an interesting sound and to me definitely falls under the psychedelic rock sound�though you don�t have to be under the influence to appreciate the sound! I grew up in Philadelphia and being a young child of the �70s, psychedelic art and music influence was all around. Being a kid, the bright crazy colors appealed to my sensibilities. Today I wouldn�t decorate my house with psychedelic art but I can use it for inspiration for a scrapbook page.

My challenge to you is to create a �Day In The Life� page using psychedelic art for your inspiration. Make it a day in YOUR life�this page is all about you but with that �60s vibe!

This is what I used for inspiration for MY PAGE:
http://www.softpedia.com/progScreens...hot-30993.html

You can view all challenges HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, Dec09VSBNTop3, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Title: I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (Tommie Connor, 1952)
Hostess: Terry (eeddmm)
Keyword: DEC09VSBNTop2
Time: 8:00 PM (EST)

http://vsbnrockinout.blogspot.com/

When I was contemplating being a hostess, my screen saver popped up to a picture I knew would be perfect with this song so I volunteered. Now, time to get that Christmas spirit in place if it's not already�only 6 more days to go!*

My challenge for you is to start by using one of Sally's sketches: SBSC118.* Do a Christmas page to include a picture of Santa on it or in your picture.* You can use one of the "Kissing" Techniques (instructions here or here) or some Holly Jolly colors!*

I can't wait to see what you come up with, have fun and thanks for playing!* Remember to be singing as you are working, LOL! Be sure to interpret the challenge however you see fit - it's VSBN! It's not about the rules; it's about getting pictures into albums!!!

READ THE LYRICS AND LISTEN TO THE SONG HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC09VSBNTop2, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. HERE is my sample.
Attached Thumbnails
VSBN Mini Master Thread ~ Rockin' Through The Decades: Top 10 SCS Countdown-nannykissing.jpg  
Stampin' Fool

Default Me and You and a Dog Named Boo" (sung by Lobo, 1971)

Title: "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo" (sung by Lobo, 1971)
Hostess: Carol (grammawamma)
Keyword: DEC09VSBNTop1
Day/Date: Saturday, December 19, 2009
Time: 10:00 PM (EST)

�Me and You and a Dog Named Boo.� Believe it or not�this was OUR song! I know, not your traditional �OUR� song. We just celebrated our 37th anniversary last month! It was shortly after this song was released that we took off on our own adventure. We were married in November, 1972. I had never been outside of a 4 state area in my life! That is until January, 1973 when we left our home town in southern IL and headed for California! Not big LA as in the song, but smaller Vallejo. DH was in the Navy and had to attend school there. We found a small basement apartment and moved in with our few belongings. The next morning we ate breakfast at a small restaurant that had those mini juke boxes on each table. Of course, we put in our change and played this song! Right after breakfast we headed for a pet store, paid $10, bought a dog and named him Boo! Being in the Navy, we traveled a lot in the first few years of our marriage. As one of our many moves approached I bought dh a tee shirt and had �Back on the Road Again� printed on it!

So that is my big adventure!

Now for inspiration you need to click on the link and listen to this golden oldie from the 1970�s. Yes, you really do need to! After all, you may have never heard it or you may just need a refresher, but click on the link! You�ll be glad you did!

READ THE LYRICS AND LISTEN TO THE SONG HERE

My challenge for you��make a layout of an adventure or of your travels!!!! It could be recent, or like mine from years gone by or maybe an adventure had by one of your children. I will let you interpret what is meant by adventure.

Here�s the requirements:
1. Journaling is a MUST! How else will you tell your adventure?!!!
2. We need RED on our LO for the bright red Georgia clay.
3. I want to see something free in your LO! (as in the chorus��How I love being a free man.�) This may be something that you have won or was given to you or a bit of recycled packaging or whatever you have laying around that you did not pay for. Be sure and let me know what freebie you included!
4. Pictures are optional!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

2. You have 2 hours to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC09VSBNTop1, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
You should also post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen.

Me and You and a Dog Named Boo

Am trying to attach a thumbnail, but not having much luck. Will keep trying!