View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 07:00 AM   #119
Angelus
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiemom23cs View Post
I don't think you are using the right sandwich. Here is a video that Spellbinders owner, Stacey Caron, made showing how to cut/emboss using the cuttlebug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vunACbm345w

The sandwich she uses is A plate, C plate, die, cardstock, B plate - this will cut your die.

The sandwich to use when embossing is: A plate, die with cardstock inside, Tan Embossing Mat, 2 pieces of cardstock for shim, 2 B Plates. This will emboss the die cut!

Also, what weight of vellum are you using? I have found Vellum to be kinda tricky with the more intricate dies. I usually use a heavier weighted vellum. Let me know if you need more help!
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I watched the video and tried that sandwich. The cutting was fine, but got no embossing. Tried a lot of combinations, and finally got one that embossed without extra cutting. It sounds complicated, and I had to bring it to the computer to get things in the right order. A plate, then die, cutting side up, then black rubber plumbers gasket, (rubber sheet) 2 layers of funfoam, a peice of stiff, thick chip boardand finally 2 B plates. I was so happy to get the result I was hoping for. I also took your suggestion about the velllum, and tried different weights. The heavier, the better. This likely will not work for everyone, as every bug has a mind of it's own, but it worked for me.....today at least. Thanks for your help. Sorry to be so chatty today, I'm on my third coffee and it's just 11 am.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!