View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 06:05 AM   #117
debbiemom23cs
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
I've beem looking for half an hour, and can't find the answer I need. Don't really know where to ask it, so you seem well informed, so maybe you, or another member can help me with this. Yesterday I got the Spellbinders shapabilities butterflies. It has two cutout things, one makes holes, the other does not....at least should not. I am finding that with vellum, both dies cut holes. The one that shouldn't doesn't cut all the holes, but then I have to put it through again to make it cut all the holes, because it looks kinda bad with only some holes cut out. I want some solid butterflies, but not much luck with the vellum. The cardstock works better, but some times, not so much. Do I have to change my sandwich for the vellum? I use, and have always used A plate, die, cut side up, paper, B plate, adding the black plumbers rubber sheet after the paper, for embossing with Spellbinders. It has always worked, until now. I would love any suggestions.
I don't think you are using the right sandwich. Here is a video that Spellbinders owner, Stacey Caron, made showing how to cut/emboss using the cuttlebug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vunACbm345w

The sandwich she uses is A plate, C plate, die, cardstock, B plate - this will cut your die.

The sandwich to use when embossing is: A plate, die with cardstock inside, Tan Embossing Mat, 2 pieces of cardstock for shim, 2 B Plates. This will emboss the die cut!

Also, what weight of vellum are you using? I have found Vellum to be kinda tricky with the more intricate dies. I usually use a heavier weighted vellum. Let me know if you need more help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!