View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
Joy4lly
Embossing Fanatic

Lightbulb BTW YMMV.. in case your Michael's didn't discontinue it..

First of all, Phunkymama, thank you for your input.

I think most people enjoy knowing the pros and cons about any product. As I did state in my OP, for someone on a budget just starting out, it's a deal for them. It was for me. I make my cards as I need them, usually week or so ahead of time.(sometimes same day ).
I have been using Recollections/The paper company cardstock for over a year now. Mind you I was out of the stamping scene for several months between but still worked on my scrap booking along the way. It was some of my first cardstock that I purchased. I started them over six years ago. I actually have several cards that I made for my husband that I checked after I read your comment and don't see any fading(doesn't mean it couldn't happen). I use anything from Avery glue sticks, glue dots, 3M Scotch double sided tape; etc. For my scrap booking I have even used even Elmer's glue for a couple pages when I first started that several years ago. I used photo mounting corners attached w/ glue sticks as well as creating my own corners out of the cardstock. I am glad I haven't had a bad experience as you mentioned. That would be a shame. If I notice it in future I will post it on this thread. I don't ever mind correcting myself.

I will be on the look out for it in the future since your brought it to our attention. In the meantime, I can't afford the SU paper but I do have a wonderful lady on here that is a SU demo that is helping me to start stockpiling some ink pads and such. "Thank you Andrea". Maybe one day I can afford the SU paper. I have used it for my Christmas cards from a local demo crop/scrap meeting last month. I already have all my Christmas cards ready to assemble address and mail. Using all SU cardstock and ink(which I did enjoy so much). But again, It takes time to acquire products. Some of us have to start at the bottom and work our way up to the 'good stuff'.

Thanks for your input. As I stated, we always need to know the pros and cons of a product. How else are we to learn. I just wanted to share something I found with others out there is all.

Have a Blessed day,

JOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkymama View Post
Just want to post a heads up about this paper:

If you use any sort of liquid glue, like Mono or glue stick, beware. I made up quite a few cards using this paper. A month or so later, I went to pull a card from the my stash, and the paper color had faded everywhere the glue had been used! It didn't happen with every color of paper, but it happened with more than one. It was a great disappointment, and I've learned to stick with SU, Bazzil, etc. quality papers. Sometimes, you get what you pay for, and it ain't no bargain.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!