Thread: Slice FAQ
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 07:03 AM   #73
JulieHRR
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickesons View Post
Why slice doesn't let you post things in a forum any more. You can only see what has posted a while ago. I am frustrated with my Slice. The calibration seemed to help. I don't like that I seem to have to practice and adjust the blade for different materials. I have not gotten it to successfully cut paper yet; just cardstock. In intricate designs it'll cut out a space and drag that piece along with it while it's cutting. The demos all look so great and effortless. I don't think I should have to go through all this to get a good cut. Should I?
I fully expected to make adjustments to the depth of the blade depending on the material I was cutting through.

As for dragging along pieces that have already been cut, I'm guessing your paper or card stock is not completely stuck down to the glass mat with the temporary adhesive. Or, it is possible that a tiny (and I mean tiny) piece of paper waste is stuck to your blade and catching things?

After use, I try to make sure my glass mat is cleared of any waste bits that might impede the cutter the next time I have a die cutting session.

I will say that if you have diligently tried ALL the trouble-shooting tips at whyslice.com I'd definitely shoot CS an email and explain what the problem is. Taking pictures helps them also get a better understanding of the problems you are having.

You've registered your machine there, yes? They have been extremely responsive to those that are experiencing issues and striving to get those problems corrected.

HTH!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!