Thread: #MMTPT67
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
LilLuvsStampin
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

Default #MMTPT67

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY AND CHALLENGE #67

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

Happy Tuesday fellow tea partiers! Mothermark asked me if I would fill in for her with this week’s Teapot Tuesday challenge, which I was happy to oblige. I'm posting this late Monday evening since this working gal needs to get to bed in order to get up for work in the morning.

Here’s this week’s inspiration teapot and story:

http://www.theteapotshoppe.com/lobetebyroyk.html

Once upon a time there was a sweet, adorable teddy bear named Dusty. Dusty lived in Detroit with his owner Daphne, who loved Dusty very, very much when she was a little girl. Daphne took good care of Dusty, too. Always making sure he was fed, bathed, changed, and toted around with her everywhere she went. Daphne always made sure that Dusty was in her arms when her mother and father tucked her into bed at night, too. His most favorite time with Daphne was their daily tea parties. Dusty loved Daphne and was such a happy teddy bear.

Then, one sad day, Daphne didn’t come to visit Dusty, nor did she come the following day. A week went by and Dusty despaired of ever seeing Daphne again. Shortly thereafter, Daphne’s mother, Delphine, relegated Dusty to the attic where he remained for many, many years gathering dust and losing his downy soft fur to the dastardly moths in the attic. Dusty cried and cried and so wished that Daphne would come rescue him from the darkness of the attic. He was so alone and afraid.

A few months later, Dusty saw a moving truck pull into the driveway. Despondently he watched as Daphne’s father, Darrin, and her mother, Delphine directed the movers as to which items should be removed from the house. Dusty was so hopeful that they wouldn’t forget about him all alone in the attic, but, alas, they never came for Dusty. Dusty watched as the last piece of furniture was loaded onto the truck and Daphne, Darrin and Delphine loaded up in the car to follow the moving truck to their new home.

Hearing of Dusty’s sad tale, I am calling upon all my card making tea party friends to help save Dusty and give this sad story a happy ending. I know what wonderful, big hearts you have. Come to Michigan and pick me up along your way to Detroit where we are going to rescue Dusty! Be sure to bring food, clothing, storybooks, extra teddy bears, your sewing kits to help repair the tears in Dusty’s fur, and whatever else you think Dusty may need and let’s show him how much we love him by finding a new home for him! Dusty will be joining us for high tea.

Be sure to use KEYWORD MMTPT67 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Here is a link to my Teapot Tuesday #67 card.
Here is a link to the MMTPT67 Challenge Gallery.
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!