View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #100
debbiemom23cs
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortWizard View Post
Has anyone else had trouble with some of the Labels dies not cutting cleanly? I think the ones I am having issues with are Labels 1 and 4. They cut out the shape, but then I have to sand the edges to get a good clean edge. I am using the Big Shot using either smooth white cardstock or Bazzill, and don't have that problem on most of the others - is there something I can do with these to make them cut cleaner?

Also, what's the secret to using the Impressabilities in the Big Shot. So far, I am NOT impressed (pun intended!).

TIA
When embossing are you using the Tan Embossing mat? If so, you may need a shim of cereal weight cardboard. Every machine is different so you may have to experiment.

The clean edge problem could be your cutting plates. I had a Big Shot before I was picked to be on the Spellbinders Design Team and I notice my Nestabilities didn't cut as well when my acrylic plates were really bowed and worn. This was just what I experienced, maybe someone else has another idea.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!